Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

7 hours ago, WillyBob said:

beginning to look like my road trip is gonna be a no-go. Between health issues and travel expenses....

I may have to settle for pics of my stereo. I own it ... but will never get to enjoy it.

Well that's a bummer. Maybe the Klipsch family can somehow get those speakers to you. I'm not too far from Jim, I could probably get them to St Louis. Then maybe another member can get them a little farther west. I might be worth a try.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Back on topic.  SWMBO, purchased Folger’s Colombian, as we’re out of whole bean 8 O’Clock.  I must admit, it tastes pretty good, strong but smooth.  I guess I’m not a coffee connoisseur.

Folger's or a few brands are not so bad when you First Open them up. It's when they

start to oxidize they get tasting bad. We're 8 O'clock bean drinkers also.

If I could not get any coffee beans I'd do what you did in a one lb can.

I can handle Original or Columbian Peak beans and have several stores to shop.

When your Folger's start to taste funky, you'll be happy to get your beans back.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Well that's a bummer. Maybe the Klipsch family can somehow get those speakers to you. I'm not too far from Jim, I could probably get them to St Louis. Then maybe another member can get them a little farther west. I might be worth a try.

I'm truly flattered that you would even think of it.

I wouldn't ask or want to put anyone out.  I'm pretty independent [hate asking for help]

• Like 2

Mornin'

Cold, day old Mexican in the cup.

I can't say our weather is good. It's not bad in the same way as y'all are suffering. We have only gotten 2/3 our normal precip. Into RedFlag/fire season.  And we have been getting wind along with 4% R/H

Feeling marginally better today.  I get overwhelmed once in a while.  W/o going into it ... I suffer chronic pain... Most humble apologies.

The county fair start this weekend.  JeffersonStarship is playing.   That's as good as the concert schedule gets. We used to get Santana regularly.... or LittleFeat

I stopped doing the rides a LOOOOONG time ago. The Poppin'Johnnies and 4H are more my speed, now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

--- terrible spring unless you enjoy cold, 30 degrees below normal weather. Last weekends snow flurries on Saturday night had me leaving my Royals seats unoccupied and Sundays game had both managers pleading their case that you can't play ball with a 27 degree start time temperature, game was postponed. This week a bit more normal - at least its above freezing !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

15 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

If you can get them to some point on I-44 west of St. Louis, I can get them to Hope in May.  Maybe someone close to WillyBob will be at the Pilgrimage, and can take them from there.

• Thanks 3

31 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

I was looking at that.

Having lived on Kauai for 8 years ... am familiar.

Was telling the wife that Wainiha would get 11 inches overnight w/o major disruptions. 27 inches is EXCESSIVE rain.

--- and the weather guessers would say " and you know if that were snow we'd have 270 inches". They would go on to explain the effects of 270 inches of snow, what it might cover, how much it might weigh and the obligatory reports from the local salt barn and the shelves bare of snow shovels.

• Haha 4