Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

10 minutes ago, billybob said:

Lol, we will have to I reckon...good fortune!

My youngest saw my LS and said in a txt, "I WANT" so the Heresy will sit on top and I'll tell her she can have the ones she thinks sound best.  Then again, maybe I'll just keep them.  She has yet to go thru my intensive 2-channel course on WHAT to listen to and how LOUD things have to be to truly HEAR things.  Law school next?  Ugh...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Makes perfect sense then.

Yes, and I have to apologize again, I forgot about the cabin thing that year, I got doing something and completely forgot, I'm Sorry.

• Like 1

w/o knowing the characters

let me guess .. Rodney lets him stay there to keep him out of trouble?

Short story of Mugger and Cindy

they have a place way out in the hills. We only see Mugger once in a while.... Cindy won't let him come to town. He gets into trouble

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

My youngest saw my LS and said in a txt, "I WANT" so the Heresy will sit on top and I'll tell her she can have the ones she thinks sound best.  Then again, maybe I'll just keep them.  She has yet to go thru my intensive 2-channel course on 2-channel and WHAT to listen to and how LOUD things have to be to truly HEAR things.  Law school next?  Ugh...

My granddaughter is going to inherit my LS. She is the only one that appreciates music the way I do.

if it isn't loud enough, she says "PaBill, it's not working"

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

My youngest saw my LS and said in a txt, "I WANT" so the Heresy will sit on top and I'll tell her she can have the ones she thinks sound best.  Then again, maybe I'll just keep them.  She has yet to go thru my intensive 2-channel course on 2-channel and WHAT to listen to and how LOUD things have to be to truly HEAR things.  Law school next?  Ugh...

Sounds like a good offer either way for your daughter.  She needs to go through your 2 channel course then. Law school sounds like a nice career nowadays. Good fortune to her! Bet she gets the Heresy, lol!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My thoughts too billybob...  :)  Next move is tubes fpr both systems.  Please don't go there yet cause I feel like I have one foot nailed down and I'm spinning in circles.    Kinda like a woman buying shoes while you have to stand there and wait.  lol  She wants to go into WNBA contractual  stuff since most women make less than $100k a year playing.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

Listening to some music ... there was a sharp clap... my cat jumped.

Cats are funny.

It is all about maintaining their cool. You scare them and they jump, then they look at you like they did it for your pleasure ...

That's true cats are funny, and they scare easily,  put a mirror somewhere and watch when it sees it's reflection.

We had birds at one time and with certain music they would whistle along, good thing it was only on a few songs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Read, read and more reading Elden.  Things are making sense and becoming more clear. There's just so much out there today.  That slippery slope is real...  Years ago, it was all Mcintosh/Klipsch for the most part.  Today?  Ugh!  Things today are disposable, which imo isn't the way to go.  Yet, that is what drives today's economy/businesses.  It was always nice to be able to go to your "man" and know things were right when you took them back home.  Today, dumpster!  The marriage made in heaven was always Klipsch/Mcintosh, with a smattering of others, until the Pac Rim countries entered the market.  You weren't "IN" until you had something solid state made there.  Afterall, you got your arm broken if you even peeked in the back of the TV and got caught!  "Don't you EVER get into things back there.  You want to die?"  Sure they had some tube stuff but who wanted something like that?   Today, with so much out there, you really can't find fault w/anyone's selection of components. It's all in what you truly hear today, just as it was back then.  My take on it anyway...  :)

• Like 3

• Moderators

It's true, and it's not enough to try to pick good electronics, there is something they call "synergy" and it's real. Sometimes for unknown reasons something will match perfectly even if it's not "rated" as a top brand, but still can sound amazing together.

The driving part of this hobby is automatically built into it............You don't know what your missing until you hear it !......... so your always wondering.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, dtel said:

It's true, and it's not enough to try to pick good electronics, there is something they call "synergy" and it's real. Sometimes for unknown reasons something will match perfectly even if it's not "rated" as a top brand, but still can sound amazing together.

The driving part of this hobby is automatically built into it............You don't know what your missing until you hear it !......... so your always wondering.

Quit it!  You hit me w/that slippery slope stuff when I first got here and now you're telling me there's more?  You really don't like to make friends here do you? hahahahaha   Guess there's ALWAYS more to the story!  Stop reading this to your wife and laffin too!   :lol::lol::lol:  I'm doomed!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, babadono said:

Ya mean Baba O'Reilly?

Make some toast and tea.....coffee....there fixed it for us:)

l'm going home
And when I want to go home, I'm going mobile
Well I'm gonna find a home on wheels, see how it feels,
Goin' mobile
Keep me moving
I can pull up by the curb,
I can make it on the road,
Goin' mobile
I can stop in any street
And talk with people that we meet
Goin' mobile
Keep me moving, mmm
Out in the woods
Or in the city
It's all the same to me
When I'm driving free
The world's my home
When I'm mobile, ey woo, beep beep
Play the tape machine
Make the toast and tea
When I'm mobile
Well, I can lay in bed with only highway ahead
When I'm mobile
Keep me moving
Keep me moving
Over fifty
Keep me groovin'
Just a hippie gypsy
Come on move now
Movin'
Keep me movin' yeah
Keep me movin', movin', movin', yeah
Movin' yeah
Mobile, mobile, mobile, mobile, mobile, mobile, mobile
I don't care about pollution
I'm an air-conditioned gypsy
That's my solution
Watch the police and the taxman miss me!
I'm mobile! Oh yeah he he
Mobile, mobile, mobile, yeah

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Read, read and more reading Elden.  Things are making sense and becoming more clear. There's just so much out there today.  That slippery slope is real...  Years ago, it was all Mcintosh/Klipsch for the most part.  Today?  Ugh!  Things today are disposable, which imo isn't the way to go.  Yet, that is what drives today's economy/businesses.  It was always nice to be able to go to your "man" and know things were right when you took them back home.  Today, dumpster!  The marriage made in heaven was always Klipsch/Mcintosh, with a smattering of others, until the Pac Rim countries entered the market.  You weren't "IN" until you had something solid state made there.  Afterall, you got your arm broken if you even peeked in the back of the TV and got caught!  "Don't you EVER get into things back there.  You want to die?"  Sure they had some tube stuff but who wanted something like that?   Today, with so much out there, you really can't find fault w/anyone's selection of components. It's all in what you truly hear today, just as it was back then.  My take on it anyway...  :)

http://www.vintagevacuumaudio.com/product/pair-2-of-dynaco-dynakit-markiii-mkiii-tube-power-amps-restored-one-year-warranty/

Just across the river... From you !

• Haha 1

BTW, did anybody in the history of the world ever get a clean pressing in vinyl of that album? I could never get a copy that the needle would stay in the groove---clicks and pops surface noise OMG . Was so glad when I was able to get a CD of it.

• Like 2