Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 hours ago, dtel said:

OK so I had a project today, we are going to give our oldest daughter a pair of forte's and a sub for her new remodeled house. We had for rear surrounds a pair of original Forte's for L&R and a center forte ll for the back 3, in a 6.1 setup. We had an extra pair of Forte ll's we thought about giving her but she does not care so I decided to switch them out and have 3 of the ll version across the back .

I was being lazy not wanting to switch them out but decided it had been like that for 10 years and it will probably be forever after this switch I might as well do it. Problem was they are mounted up on the ceiling against a beam, and they weigh 70 pounds each. Plus the one version was Walnut and the ll version is Oak like the center, they will all match, not that were that particular. They are aimed like that because the sofa is against that beam right under them.

I got the 18 year old grandson to help catch them as I lowered them from the ladder. But I'm glad it's over, except for putting the next ones up. You would not believe the dust on the back of the speakers behind where you can not reach :blink: 10 years worth, I put them on the front porch and used the blower to blow them off, next I need to wipe them down. They are Walnut oil so I will oil them before we give them to her, plus I am going to order those metal grate speaker covers for the rear passive radiator because they have cats dogs and kids.

This where they were. I did this because there years ago because there is no other place to put anything on the sides rear.

It's a sickness. :huh:

speakers_3.JPG

You had Atmos before anyone else :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
6 hours ago, WillyBob said:

that is one thing you can say about this place ... y'all are not slaves to fashion...

Never was, did what we wanted and made us happy, SSSSS everybody else.

3 very large speakers and 6 small ones in one room, and my wife picked the biggest 3, we had the fortes already. I asked her if she wanted grills on the big ones and she said no, she likes the way the horns look.

5 hours ago, rplace said:

No that was Forte-fied. Now Forte-II-fied if I am understanding correctly.

Your right and I have to go slide them back in place, I'm not looking forward to that. They are Oak oil, and looking better since being oiled.

Our shop vac died so we just ordered one, this way I can clean the back of the rear center, I am NOT taking it down just to clean.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Everything done and put back together, reset/balanced all the channels for ht and it's ready to go for another 10 years, shut it down and put the 2 Ch back on. :lol::emotion-29: The forte's sound really good for movies but can't compare for music to there big brothers.

These are the originals going to the daughter, Walnut 30 years old, a few marks and bumps but plenty life still left in them. :emotion-21:

image.jpeg

• Like 2

On 4/24/2018 at 6:18 PM, dtel said:

OK so I had a project today, we are going to give our oldest daughter a pair of forte's and a sub for her new remodeled house. We had for rear surrounds a pair of original Forte's for L&R and a center forte ll for the back 3, in a 6.1 setup. We had an extra pair of Forte ll's we thought about giving her but she does not care so I decided to switch them out and have 3 of the ll version across the back .

I was being lazy not wanting to switch them out but decided it had been like that for 10 years and it will probably be forever after this switch I might as well do it. Problem was they are mounted up on the ceiling against a beam, and they weigh 70 pounds each. Plus the one version was Walnut and the ll version is Oak like the center, they will all match, not that were that particular. They are aimed like that because the sofa is against that beam right under them.

I got the 18 year old grandson to help catch them as I lowered them from the ladder. But I'm glad it's over, except for putting the next ones up. You would not believe the dust on the back of the speakers behind where you can not reach :blink: 10 years worth, I put them on the front porch and used the blower to blow them off, next I need to wipe them down. They are Walnut oil so I will oil them before we give them to her, plus I am going to order those metal grate speaker covers for the rear passive radiator because they have cats dogs and kids.

This where they were. I did this because there years ago because there is no other place to put anything on the sides rear.

It's a sickness. :huh:

speakers_3.JPG

looks like front loader/bucket forks

holding the fortes up....

• Haha 1

• Moderators

Never thought about that, it does.

I never did say, but they are secure, the metal is 1/4" thick and each bracket is bolted with 2  3" lag bolts. There is no drywall it's 1/2" plywood over 2- 2"x12"s stacked on top of each other and notched and bolted into a 6" pole inside that square post and another on each end of that opening. All post in the house 16 go through the slab and 4' in the ground and go tie in to the roof.

• Like 3

Mornin Mike!  Sunny and bright for once here!  Just got the mugga workin too!  Then perhaps i'll be motivated and get something done!  My mailman decided to beat my front door to death a bit ago.  He loves it when I get a new LP!  A rocker about 15 years younger than me...  It's alway's who is it and let's hear it...  lolol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Mornin Mike!  Sunny and bright for once here!  Just got the mugga workin too!  Then perhaps i'll be motivated and get something done!  My mailman decided to beat my front door to death a bit ago.  He loves it when I get a new LP!  A rocker about 15 years younger than me...  It's alway's who is it and let's hear it...  lolol

what did you get ?

• Like 1

Mornin' all

I've been up too long already.  2AM  Hate it when I wake that early. I exhaust myself being quiet.  The birds are making noise. It is peaceful at this time of day.

About finished with my cuppa.  This new "mug" is nice once you get around the lid and spout...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

7 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

Mornin' all

I've been up too long already.  2AM  Hate it when I wake that early. I exhaust myself being quiet.  The birds are making noise. It is peaceful at this time of day.

About finished with my cuppa.  This new "mug" is nice once you get around the lid and spout...

Why do I have a visual of an over-sized sippy cup???  lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1