Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I tied the kid to kite with a 6' wingspan.... She thought that was pretty cool.

for Christmas, her dad got her some of those interlocking foam "tiles". 

got them out for her... showed her how they hook together and sat back. She wrestled, bent, folded and I resisted helping her. When she was done I asked her what she made.

she indignantly says,"Grandpa, it's a motorcycle"

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, billybob said:

So are you going to Hope? Know you have been wanting to. Maybe BSM will show...:emotion-44:

--- well that's a real knee-slapper BBob. Mr 'Heel attending the Pilgramage? Highly unlikely - doubt the LF has relinquished keys to the safe holding the Family Jewels, yes His jewels. Unless they are sill on display above the mantel but in either case in 'Heels possession they Are  Not ?!?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, richieb said:

--- well that's a real knee-slapper BBob. Mr 'Heel attending the Pilgramage? Highly unlikely - doubt the LF has relinquished keys to the safe holding the Family Jewels, yes His jewels. Unless they are sill on display above the mantel but in either case in 'Heels possession they Are  Not ?!?!

Very unfortunate for him. Guess he can always do some pruning...B)with his hedger...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, richieb said:

Chuck just ask me to post this

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Don't know where you are... but I bet it's about the same distance.  Bloody 1200 miles from here. Only 2 state between me and there.... 

NM and TEXAS. The long way Texas.  ElPaso to Texarkana

Before you Texans get all proud, I have been to Alaska and heard the jokes...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, dtel's wife said:

Haha!  I am the “all knowing” keeper of the Master Attendee List for Pilgrimage.  Hint:  The list may or may not include all registered attendees!!!

because wemen caint be trusted to do a good job

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Had to dip into the “In case of emergency break glass” stash.  The boutique 1850 Black Gold by Folgers is OK.  Seems more marketing than product.  FYI, the soup can vase is a decoration from the wife’s book club, where the protagonist in the subject book put flowers in soup cans.

Last night we went to Stars On Ice at the new Little Caesars Arena.  The tickets were complimentary from our son who works at LCA.  Watching figure skating is not my favorite Saturday night pastime, but the wife enjoyed it, and seeing the new LCA, with a tour guided by our son, who could take us anywhere, was fun.  Seeing the behind the scenes Detroit Redwings facilities was a treat, and, actually the skating was entertaining. Watching top level athletes, even in sports you don’t follow, can be entertaining.  Could use some barrel jumping, though to maintain interest.  :rolleyes:

On a note pertinent to this forum, the sound was abysmal.  Way too much boomy bass, coupled with an inability to understand the dialogue.  The music accompaniments were poor also.

I wonder what the sound quality is like for the concerts.  Perhaps I’ll find out next month, as the wife wants to go to Hall & Oates.  I guess that would be better than figure skating . . . even without barrel jumping.

D1532544-45F7-4228-942E-EEA3134E586D.jpeg

• Like 3

• Moderators

With any luck it will sound better, most bands bring there own sound people. But it will still be a tossup, some arenas sound good and some can not be helped it seems. The one that sounds good here is oval shaped, the super dome being somewhat round is terrible, even the stones music people couldn't make it sound good.

The bigger old theaters here have a good sound with balcony's but being made for theater maby a little care was used for acoustics ?

Classic vase

• Like 1