Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Kentucky Derby and Cinco De Mayo fall on the same date:mellow:  May have to wear a big Mexican hat loaded with flowers and bows at LF's little throw down.  Her sister lives in Saratoga Springs and is placing bets for the five couples coming over.  I will be bar tending and fixing Mint Juleps for 12.

After that I think I'll give my liver a break for a bit.........

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Just catching up today...was off work (well at least from my paying job) on Friday and working around the homestead. Mainly incommunicado. The good news is over the last couple days I got the Jubilees hooked up and making sound:D. They are not in their final positions and the cabling is still a jumble but at least progress.  Man o man those 402 horns sure have beautiful sound to them and such a big soundstage. I'll post some pics in a different thread. Later.

Anyway just reading over the last couple days posts and I want to say the better half and I will be arriving in Texarkana Wednesday evening and should be in Hope noonish on Thursday. @dtel's wife, @dtel, @CECAA850 we will be available to help in anyway we can.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, babadono said:

Just catching up today...was off work (well at least from my paying job) on Friday and working around the homestead. Mainly incommunicado. The good news is over the last couple days I got the Jubilees hooked up and making sound:D. They are not in their final positions and the cabling is still a jumble but at least progress.  Man o man those 402 horns sure have beautiful sound to them and such a big soundstage. I'll post some pics in a different thread. Later.

Anyway just reading over the last couple days posts and I want to say the better half and I will be arriving in Texarkana Wednesday evening and should be in Hope noonish on Thursday. @dtel's wife, @dtel, @CECAA850 we will be available to help in anyway we can.

I hear Carl needs help with his slushies:mellow:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, richieb said:

-- Yikes! That ain't even Mayo ?! and with you being a good southerner isn't a bottle of Dukes more appropriate ?!?

Every day of the week, Miracle Whip is not mayo it's nasty, closer to sandwich lube with all the flavor of Pennzoil.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, dtel said:

Every day of the week, Miracle Whip is not mayo it's nasty, closer to sandwich lube with all the flavor of Pennzoil.

-- not doubting your taste in motor oil, all kidding aside, I have known more than one gearhead that actually do taste motor oil. You know the old commercial - a little dab'll do ya ?! They would put a drop on their finger to see if a new formulation was actually that - new. 

• Like 1

I have taken more oil, grease and gear lube than I care to think, at the bowling alley. Chicken still doesn't taste quite right w/o some.

BBQ sauce doen't work on wrenches ...  I recommend French dressing for them

I was working the boat shop when Honda came out with their 2HP boat motor, we called it a Margarita maker.   dinna have to test run them in the tank ... a 5gal bucket was fine.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, WillyBob said:

Hey Elden,

[I got it right this time] 

How much trouble was it to build that "boom box" for your yard parties?  the one you move with the tractor....

thinking of a hobby. 

Well I already had the bass bins they are factory, I got them to measure and build some for inside the house out of the wood I wanted, Red Oak. But I do have a drawing with all the measurements if you want to build.

After building the 4 Oak versions for inside I had the factory ones left over, so I asked Roy about crossover points of the LaScala's and what the MWM could do and it worked out. He didn't know what I was going to do but one day he asked me what's under the blue tarp, he could see the back of the MWM sticking out. He loved the idea of mixing the different bass bins. I keep them covered under the side patio until I build my shop.

For the tops I built 2 cabinets roughly the shape of a split LaScala top, and it has all the LaScala top parts. K400/K55V mids and the tweeter, either Klipsch or BOB's I don't remember. Inside the cabinets is AA crossovers. 

It's a LaScala top but the MWM bass bins and the crossover point works just fine, it's like a laScala but with more bass and can fill a large area, and sounds really good.

These are single bins instead of doubles but plenty with one on each side (or stacked) for really nice bass outside. The sound is quite surprising.

For outside you could set a LaScala on top and use the MWM bass bin and not the LaScala bottom, for inside you could use the standard LaScala just by having a couple of extra connections, a 1 minute switch. :o:emotion-55:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1