Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

54 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

until there is only one cell left.

Mine is getting a little lonely in the "wide open spaces" HaHaHa

Trying to figure an angle to get me to the pilgrimage, get the Scalas home and make the wife happy about it.

Any of you guys have a nice vehicle they will fit in, get ~30mpg and have 100,000 miles left in it for $3000. That wold do it...

--- by the time this much effort/$$$ is put into transporting these maybe put them on pallets and ship them? Not as expensive as you might think and they are to your door. I'd bet less money than the driving costs for such a trip ??

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, richieb said:

--- by the time this much effort/$$$ is put into transporting these maybe put them on pallets and ship them? Not as expensive as you might think and they are to your door. I'd bet less money than the driving costs for such a trip ??

But....not as much fun!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

Trying to figure an angle to get me to the pilgrimage, get the Scalas home and make the wife happy about it.

Any of you guys have a nice vehicle they will fit in, get ~30mpg and have 100,000 miles left in it for $3000. That wold do it...

Yep, 2000 Volvo V70 SE wagon with 235,000... a proven daytripper...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

@Wardsweb Where U B?  Chuckie has summoned you!

Sorry guys and gals. I have been out of pocket for a while now. The new job is keeping me very busy. Add to that a couple web site designs in process and several other side projects for neighbors and friends, and there are not enough hours in the day.

On the bright side, still loving the Cornwall III's. I have tried them with low power tubes and a little 8 watt class A sand amp and they are auditory bliss.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dtel's wife said:

But....not as much fun!!!

-- agree- having done a couple 500+ milers myself. But in this instance it seems just landing them has taken much of the fun out of the equation. Sometimes shipping can be the best option --- . 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, billybob said:

Yep, 2000 Volvo V70 SE wagon with 235,000... a proven daytripper...

not flintstone?  We need a vehicle. The '89 Olds is OK for around town and when the creeks rise. It has gone through water deep enough to make ... me pucker.

Shoots @richieb

It 1200 one way.  

I'm headed to IN in Sept, one way or another and they will come back with me then at the latest.  If I trusted self-driving cars... That stuff is still kinda spooky. Prob with them ... they can't anticipate - only react

The Pretenders just came on. Anyone beside me melt a little hearing ChrissyHynde?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Wardsweb said:

Sorry guys and gals. I have been out of pocket for a while now. The new job is keeping me very busy. Add to that a couple web site designs in process and several other side projects for neighbors and friends, and there are not enough hours in the day.

On the bright side, still loving the Cornwall III's. I have tried them with low power tubes and a little 8 watt class A sand amp and they are auditory bliss.

49 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

You going to Hope?

An equally important question is....you bringing some of that awesome sausage again?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

LOLOL, supposed to be a joke @WillyBob ...We have 2 Volvos with high mileage. One with a motor that maybe has 130,000 on  it.

If you take care of a Volvo, 500,000 is doable, even higher.

Mine has some problems but, is good enough for me to take anywhere I want so far. I keep the title in the glove box, just in case.

Have hauled Chorus, LaScala and other stuff...it is like eating lettuce...easy. Last roadtrip 400+ miles to Jax and return last week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

Cars suffer the salt air there as bad as in HI? 

The miles are kinda high. Are you going to the pilgrimage? and let me talk to the boss.

Don't hold your breath...

Yes those are cars where roads are salted for snow. As a rule, not much snow in Florida, unfortunately. Cars that reside mostly in coastal zones in Florida are abit different. Inland here 45 miles approx. from Gulf, no rust on mine and, it came from Tampa, inland. Best around here to spray/wash off the salt after a vacation to coast, even if undercoated. 

Hard for me to plan too far ahead as, I am recently retired and, do not wear a watch. As for intentions well, that is another slippery slope...imlo:emotion-21:

• Like 5