Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

10 hours ago, WillyBob said:

Don't rule out a cameo from me at the pilgrimage. If I can sweet talk the wife out of the new car for a few days...

If I have one day there ... Sat or Sun  - which is better?      @Opus and @Ceptorman  when are you guys headed out?

Last night, my sister in law came over. Someone gave her some table glasses, so the she and wife were looking at them.

SIL sez, "Here's one that has a marijuana leaf on it"

Wife looks at it, "Yeah, that IS a MARIJUANA LEAF"

Let ME look at it ... "Ummmmmm, girls, that is a sand dollar etched on this glass"

and they think I'm a Devo

7 hours ago, Opus said:

I'm headed to Hope Thursday AM.  I'm afraid we've gotten a little short on time for relaying the La Scalas.

@Ceptorman Are you still thinking you can get WillyBob's La Scalas to St. Louis?

@MookieStl said he could get them to Lebanon, MO.  That's a 3 hour one way trip for me.  I don't mind doing that, but not sure I can work it in between now and Thursday morning.

Also if you don't have someone lined up to get them across Texas,  where would they go once they get to Hope?

It doesn't look like I can make the pilgrimage. My offer still stands about getting these from northern Indiana to the St Louis area, that can happen about any time.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

--- has anyone noticed the Royal Wedding - Happening This Saturday. Pilgramage weekend and on the Big Day at Rodney's. Perhaps the biggest flat screen in Hope can be wheeled in and with some pleas from the crowd, Rodney might possibly release some chickens to celebrate this "Earth stops spinning" moment. Gawd, I can't wait --- . And Willybob, a sarong might be in order !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Opus said:

I'm headed to Hope Thursday AM.  I'm afraid we've gotten a little short on time for relaying the La Scalas.

@Ceptorman Are you still thinking you can get WillyBob's La Scalas to St. Louis?

@MookieStl said he could get them to Lebanon, MO.  That's a 3 hour one way trip for me.  I don't mind doing that, but not sure I can work it in between now and Thursday morning.

Also if you don't have someone lined up to get them across Texas,  where would they go once they get to Hope?

I wont be making that run again for about a month. Still up to it but timing has to be right, just let me know. I'll help if I can.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, WillyBob said:

yeah ... it looks like I/we have run out of time. 

I do appreciate the efforts.... a lot

thanks

You're welcome.  My offer still stands for some future time, if you get something worked out.

• Like 2

I'll get them in Sept ... If I have time, I'll stop and have a cup of coffee or something.  Ceptorman is en route, too. I have a nephew in Indy also. I usually have to stop somewhere to keep from showing up at 4 AM in Elkhart. My sisters don't get up that early.  And they don't like me sleeping in their driveway.  Causes them to think I arrived dead.

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, WillyBob said:

I'll get them in Sept ... If I have time, I'll stop and have a cup of coffee or something.  Ceptorman is en route, too. I have a nephew in Indy also. I usually have to stop somewhere to keep from showing up at 4 AM in Elkhart. My sisters don't get up that early.  And they don't like me sleeping in their driveway.  Causes them to think I arrived dead.

It's that last pesky 1200 miles out west that's keeping this from happening 😞

Stop by any time, I'm an early riser. Might bring your choice of coffee, my wife drinks the standard morning blend, then adds some flavored creamer.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Tarheel said:

I just heard from an early arrival that Rodney is now a vegetarian.  But there's a lot of ways to prepare soy and alfalfa spouts though none come to me just now😑

--- but there can be varying degrees of being vegetarian - in California one might eat kale, baby spinach, asparagus, broccoli, and all other manner of green, leafy things. In Arkansas one eats a 12oz. T-bone vs.16oz. and only 2 slabs of bacon per week vs. 4. It's all relative to ones environment ---. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I was going to say that if he went vegetarian because of cholesterol, it won't help much.

From what I have seen, avoiding transfats will do more good that quitting meat. A genetic predisposition to high cholesterol, diet won't change. Statins might drop levels FWIW

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, richieb said:

--- but there can be varying degrees of being vegetarian - in California one might eat kale, baby spinach, asparagus, broccoli, and all other manner of green, leafy things. In Arkansas one eats a 12oz. T-bone vs.16oz. and only 2 slabs of bacon per week vs. 4. It's all relative to ones environment ---. 

Cows eat grass, I eat cows so then I'm a vegetarian according to Euclid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Cows eat grass, I eat cows so then I'm a vegetarian according to Euclid.

--- if you were my Greek brother I might have let you let slide but I'm not sure the connection of Euclid, the father of geometry, and being a vegetarian? I'm sure there is an answer somewhere -  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, richieb said:

--- if you were my Greek brother I might have let you let slide but I'm not sure the connection of Euclid, the father of geometry, and being a vegetarian? I'm sure there is an answer somewhere -  

If A =B and B=C...................................... It's a stretch but I'm sure you'll get it eventually.  If not, we can add that to our list of things to talk about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

If A =B and B=C...................................... It's a stretch but I'm sure you'll get it eventually.  If not, we can add that to our list of things to talk about.

--- added - Now on page 2 of my legal pad. 

• Like 1