Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

Ok back to abnormal, gone for a week and had 3 cups of coffee, home since Sunday night and more than 2 pots by myself, probably have to make another this evening. 

Glad to be back to my bed, shower, stereo, coffee pot and everything else old people get use to. Had a great time with friends but glad to be home. 

• Like 4

• Moderators
On 5/18/2018 at 9:38 PM, DizRotus said:

How does the curator @JRH feel about temporary sign?  At least it’s not  Velcro.  Jim’s job seems secure enough.

Well the original sign is carved into the wood so I made the bottom one from Cypress and painted it the same colors. But it's not engraved just painted on and sandpaper can change it, not that there is a need for that, just saying. I don't carve, route letters anyway.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
On 5/19/2018 at 5:50 PM, Ceptorman said:

I hope the weather holds out for them.

It did, last Tuesday it got cloudy and rained about 5 miles away but that was it, we were lucky last year it stormed so we had no choice but to put the bands inside but that worked out so well we just had the band inside.  The clubhouse is big enough for all of us and a band.

Tuesday, pic of some of the lake and lake house with cloudy skies.

pilgrimage_2018-010-2.JPG

• Like 6

• Moderators

One member  Scott Yocum brought piles of deserts for everyone and also decorated cookies for all the plant employees to go with the BBQ lunch Rodney cooked, sponsored by our forum members, the real reason this all got started up again. There were many boxes like this, enough for all plant employees and forum members, that's just how Mr Yocum is. 

100% edible, and I did.

pilgrimage_2018-101.JPG

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, dtel said:

One member  Scott Yocum brought piles of deserts for everyone and also decorated cookies for all the plant employees to go with the BBQ lunch Rodney cooked, sponsored by our forum members, the real reason this all got started up again. There were many boxes like this, enough for all plant employees and forum members, that's just how Mr Yocum is. 

100% edible, and I did.

pilgrimage_2018-101.JPG

Dtel the keeper of the cookies !

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dtel said:

100% edible, and I did.

pilgrimage_2018-101.JPG

Eldens  alter ego

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

Dtel the keeper of the cookies !

No I just helped carry them in, then I helped to get rid of a couple.

35 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

Eldens  alter ego

Of all deserts cookies are on top of the list with chips, so you might be right. I never got this size from being shy.   :blush2:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Today is the last day... That I will

have my early Ford bronco project ..

it's going away... Just waiting for..

This afternoon.....

Bronco tub in a whirlyjig rotisserie

http://www.whirlyjig.com

MODEL PRO with the accessories listed below...

body, frame and unibody brackets, 2 - 6" , 1,200 lb. cap., wheels, threaded balance adjusters, captive slot posts & bracket boxes, mobility accessory receivers & brackets, heavy bases w/ hydraulic receivers, grease fittings at heavy yoke axis, +8 position heavy rotation lock

capacity:  3,000 lbs.
weight:  400 lbs.    
$1825.00

stiffener5-1.jpg (108024 bytes)
BODY/FRAME STIFFENER
For unibody convertibles, but will work on all body styles.

And I have the a real bronco tub..

Not the new knockoff..... !

And the 73 bronco

And a frame

And all associated parts from the project..

Which is a lot of parts... Enough to complete
2... And start a third.....

I will post some pictures... Of the tub in the rotisserie....

It is tough to let a project go, especially with all the parts collected for such.

But if it is not in the cards for you to complete it then you are making a wise decision.

I congratulate you on not being "that guy" who just hoards it, but selling it to someone who hopefully will finish the project.

Sometimes that still doesn't make it it any easier to sell.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Davis said:

It is tough to let a project go, especially with all the parts collected for such.

But if it is not in the cards for you to complete it then you are making a wise decision.

I congratulate you on not being "that guy" who just hoards it, but selling it to someone who hopefully will finish the project.

Sometimes that still doesn't make it it any easier to sell.

Yes I did hoard parts... But a lot of

The time ... Buying the part you need..

You had to buy the whole lot.. 

And I do have a ultra rare ... Under hood insulation.... Only available

In British Columbia , or Alaska broncos.....

I started pulling out parts.... From my attic that I can't remember buying...

I gave more than a fair deal for everything....

I left a lot meat on the bone...

But if my b@#/$ get broken.... They

Better run to the bank.... Or get out !

• Like 1

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Do you know what brand the BBQ sauce was at the plant lunch? It was different than what was at Rodney's place....I think.

I don't know, I learned when Rodney is in the kitchen on a mission it's best to just leave him alone, the most I would say it do you need help ?

We have been going there for a few years and the most he has let me do is cook rice once.

But about the sauce I know there was a few big bottle of BBQ sauce someone brought and gave to Rodney, they were on the table. He may have used them for one or the other BBQ things that may have been why they were different ? I seen the bottle on the table and asked what they were and was told by someone they brought them for Rodney, but I don't remember who it was or how it was used.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

Gone !

This is very strange reading this, just last week in Hope Kevin's little brother Brandon brought a similar model, but his is the hardtop model. He brought it on a trailer to ride it around the property one more time because it's about to be painted.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dtel said:

This is very strange reading this, just last week in Hope Kevin's little brother Brandon brought a similar model, but his is the hardtop model. He brought it on a trailer to ride it around the property one more time because it's about to be painted.

This and everything else frame

Whirlyjig rotisserie... And all associated parts hoarded 

IMG_20180523_134446.jpg