Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

It just was not this persons day. 

Running away from an exploding volcano you live by , Pompeii,  a giant rock lands on you smashing you into the ground, terrible luck.  

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/3c84dd65-bf27-3d4d-8c6e-c82fcc35a571/ss_archaeologists-find-man.html

Archaeologists find man crushed while fleeing Pompeii

May 29 (UPI) -- Archaeologists discovered the fossil remains of a man crushed by a rock while fleeing the Pompeii eruption in 79 AD. Researchers believe the man was knocked backward by a thick pyroclastic cloud. A large stone dragged by the cloud hit the man in the head and chest, crushing his upper torso but leaving his lower limbs exposed. "This is an exceptional finding," Massimo Osanna, director general of the archaeological park at Pompeii, told local news Torre Sette. Researchers said the discovery of new human remains at Pompeii allows them to compare the pathologies and lifestyles of the city's early inhabitants, as well as analyze the dynamics of the populace's panicked escape.

f3b60f209e4b861fa1a081b844537b22.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, dtel said:

Running away from an exploding volcano you live by , Pompeii,  a giant rock lands on you smashing you into the ground, terrible luck.  

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/3c84dd65-bf27-3d4d-8c6e-c82fcc35a571/ss_archaeologists-find-man.html

Archaeologists find man crushed while fleeing Pompeii

May 29 (UPI) -- Archaeologists discovered the fossil remains of a man crushed by a rock while fleeing the Pompeii eruption in 79 AD. Researchers believe the man was knocked backward by a thick pyroclastic cloud. A large stone dragged by the cloud hit the man in the head and chest, crushing his upper torso but leaving his lower limbs exposed. "This is an exceptional finding," Massimo Osanna, director general of the archaeological park at Pompeii, told local news Torre Sette. Researchers said the discovery of new human remains at Pompeii allows them to compare the pathologies and lifestyles of the city's early inhabitants, as well as analyze the dynamics of the populace's panicked escape.

f3b60f209e4b861fa1a081b844537b22.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dtel said:

like the guy that got swallowed in a sinkhole, while he was sleeping

when it's your time ...

I am fully capable today

of laying in the yard and pulling weeds. 

On the news

seems like they are try to make hay of this statistic concerning teen driving accidents

36% of teen driving accident occur between the hour of 9PM and 5AM. Looks like a non-story to me.   36% of accidents happen in 33% of the day.    ????

and

...I hear a bunch of corporate child support lawsuits coming.  Placebo birth control pills... Oh, oops!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
5 hours ago, WillyBob said:

On the news

seems like they are try to make hay of this statistic concerning teen driving accidents

36% of teen driving accident occur between the hour of 9PM and 5AM. Looks like a non-story to me.   36% of accidents happen in 33% of the day.    ????

Statistics can be concluded to say almost anything when worded right. 

th.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

• Moderators

It didn't seem like that long ago Derek was starting out with the allman Brothers and he was very young, now Greg is gone and Derek is on his own playing music with his wife.

Nice picture

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, dtel said:

It didn't seem like that long ago Derek was starting out with the allman Brothers and he was very young, now Greg is gone and Derek is on his own playing music with his wife.

Nice picture

Wellllll,  a ten-year-old kid w/a guitar and an Uncle who was the drummer and all the connections???  Yup, family affair, but Derek

was great at a young age thanks to that.  It was funny last nite watching the group's kids sitting cross-legged on the floor side-stage watching the show.  Mic placement?  Guitar change? They were ALL smiles doing it helpin out the band.  Refreshing to see their smiles exchanged.  We'd have been right on top of it too I'm sure.

• Like 4

Watching a little of the PBS fund raiser......a program on doo ***.  May not be everyone's cup of tea but I was surprised at the current crop of young guys adopting this genre and performing the classics.

I can only hope they will add to the music with some song writing.

94 and humid yesterday.  Cooler and less humidity headed this way. 

A friend from high school will be visiting Wednesday.  When he was 18 he rebuilt the engine and transmission in my Triumph TR-3.....for free!  Parked the car under an old swing set and used a chain/pulleys to jerk the engine.  The guy had skills!

• Like 2

I knew some "farm boys" like that. Shade tree doesn't describe it ...

Going thru the end of this bag of ArivacaBlend.  It was very fresh. The French roast in it had a spitshine gloss

found a balance w/i the universe

2 kittens will occupy one 4 year old girl.

One site I was on censored me when I was telling about BluefootedBoobie [birds] stealing bait from me.  Not off the hook. Out of the bait box

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

that called "Left holding the bag"...

Ha   beat DizRotus to it.

thinking I might set these MWMs in "the cottage" with appropriate tops.  Can see some ways to incorporate them into the decor...  I'm going to try to get to Tucson this coming week. See what I come home with.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1