Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

7 hours ago, WillyBob said:

Do you bring them in for the winter? or need to?

They're fine down to the upper 30's but need to come in for frosts and freezes.  This is the second season for the big plants.  You just cut them back to sticks like roses and they bounce right back. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

They're fine down to the upper 30's but need to come in for frosts and freezes. 

I have chile pequin [Bird Peppers] that grow w/o help beyond the shelter of the house. Chile tepin grow in the mountains out here. There look about the same. Tepin are round, pequin are a little bit pointed. Very small peppers. Size of a pea or less.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

I have chile pequin [Bird Peppers] that grow w/o help beyond the shelter of the house. Chile tepin grow in the mountains out here. There look about the same. Tepin are round, pequin are a little bit pointed. Very small peppers. Size of a pea or less.

My son in law has a chile pequin bush at his house.  The darn things are basically all seeds.  They're good to throw in a sandwich.

• Like 3

• Moderators
10 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

Gia won a fish... At a local church feast.... Her name is goldy the fish !

Don't over feed him, unless your trying to bulk him up for a recipe one day. 🍽️ 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Moderators

Welcome Alex

I'm kind of the same I like my coffee and not interested in others, most people wouldn't like what i drink anyway. Lived around New Orleans all my life and after many years of training I am stuck on Community brand, Coffee and Chicory. I have cheap taste buds what can I say, :lol: although when traveling whatever coffee they have is fine as long as it's not weak. 

Making some now as I drink the last cup from the last pot 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, dtel said:

Chicory

During the blockade, the French mixed chicory with limited supplies of coffee to make their coffee stretch — and even used it in place of coffee altogether. While chicory does't have any caffeine, it does share a similar flavor to coffee, which makes it a decent substitute in times of need.

9 hours ago, dtel said:

I have cheap taste buds what can I say

The root of the plant is roasted and ground. It is added to the coffee to soften the bitter edge of the dark roasted coffee. It adds an almost chocolate flavor to the Cafe Au Lait served at Cafe Du Monde. The Cafe Du Monde Coffee and Chicory is traditionally served Au Lait, mixed half and half with hot milk.

9 hours ago, dtel said:

. I have cheap taste buds what can I say

Why You Need to Switch to Hemp Coffee in the Morning

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Welcome to the forum Alex2X3😊  and the best thread to make your first post.  I see two more Gents dropped who I hope will be regular contributors.

Yesterdays stress test went well and should hear the results in a couple of days. 

Generous offer on the coffee Mike!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Dave A said:

Kenya AA. On ice cubes of course for summer time.

Mine goes cold from the pot to my cup. Ice is additives.

Welcome Alex2X3.

I see chicory as an acquired taste. Not one I have acquired.  I will drink it ... but, there is a good chance you will see m going for cream and sugar.

I'm drinking Peruvian for a few days.

y'all wanna see how fast I can revert back to "feral" ??? Wife is going to be gone for a few days. Leaving today and is planning on coming back Friday. Weather may shorten her stay. She has some fun stuff to do ... a board meeting, trip to the dentist [across the line] ... fun stuff

HurricaneBud is sposed to make an appearance tomorrow thru Sun. No wind associated with them by the time they get here. We can get a few inches of widespread rain... that can make flood. Good kick off to the rainy season, even if it isn't a monsoon storm.

We were talking about whether the LS will fit in the car. I need to take a couple more look/see's. It will be tight, but I am pretty sure they will go. If they swell in  transit, I might have a problem.   37.5 inches between the wheel wells.  That should be OK. It's from the seat backs to the rear door ... more to the point, the slope of the "hatch" ... It is pretty vertical, but the speakers are pretty thick... ya know what I mean

• Like 3