Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
6 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

During the blockade, the French mixed chicory with limited supplies of coffee to make their coffee stretch — and even used it in place of coffee altogether. While chicory does't have any caffeine, it does share a similar flavor to coffee, which makes it a decent substitute in times of need.

The root of the plant is roasted and ground. It is added to the coffee to soften the bitter edge of the dark roasted coffee. It adds an almost chocolate flavor to the Cafe Au Lait served at Cafe Du Monde. The Cafe Du Monde Coffee and Chicory is traditionally served Au Lait, mixed half and half with hot milk.

Why You Need to Switch to Hemp Coffee in the Morning

That's exactly right about the Chicory, but now that it's popular they forgot to lower the price considering all the fillers. :o  We go to Cafe Du Monde after a night in the Quarter, I like the cafe au lait but rather just straight coffee if it's been a rough night.

Hemp Coffee, never tried it, but I have no fear of developing Glaucoma, I take preventive medicine for that. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
4 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Chicory in coffee is NASTY.  Sorry dtel.  Someone had to say it.

I know you don't like it now, if I had known before you could have real coffee, it was just a reminder so you wouldn't forget you don't like it. To me pure coffee taste flat after drinking Chicory for so long.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
15 hours ago, Dave A said:

Community Club Dark Roast was it for me until I discovered Kenya AA. On ice cubes of course for summer time.

I'm kind of burned out on things from Kenya.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, dtel said:

I'm kind of burned out on things from Kenya.

Oh I completely understand but no coffee bean was harmed by association so at least one good thing comes from there. Getting to the point though where my favorite seller was bought out and all the good stuff ended. Migrated at that time to Costa Rican whole bean coffee regular roast from Coffee Bean Direct. I believe I will try some from USNRET and see how it is.

• Like 1

Before y'all ask

the BorderPatrol agent shot out here ...

6 - 7 miles from town. Out by the lake.

One ambulance at 4:30AM. No helicopter/s, no deluge of vehicles headed out there... no reports of drugs or ...  confiscated. "Several people were detained".   This could have been a party at the lake the BP crashed  IDK

Due to the remarkable lack of details, I suspect friendly fire.

• Sad 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, WillyBob said:

Before y'all ask

the BorderPatrol agent shot out here ...

6 - 7 miles from town. Out by the lake.

One ambulance at 4:30AM. No helicopter/s, no deluge of vehicles headed out there... no reports of drugs or ...  confiscated. "Several people were detained".   This could have been a party at the lake the BP crashed  IDK

Due to the remarkable lack of details, I suspect friendly fire.

Never heard anything, went looking and nothing in the news.

I wasn't sure where Arivaca Az really was so I went looking, it really is a small place, but I was surprised it's only about 10  miles from the border. 

• Like 2

if it wasn't something stupid, the headlines would have been all different

something along the lines of

One BorderPatrol agent shot while arresting 47 undocumented aliens carrying 500 pound of meth ...

they are really downplaying it. The facts as we know them at this time ...

One agent shot at 4:30AM.

One ambulance dispatched with lights/siren. I witnessed this.

Happened 6 - 7 miles SE of town. That is by the lake.

Several individuals were detained.

The agent was transported to a local hospital.

That is all they are saying.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1