Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

8 hours ago, dtel said:

, it really is a small place, but I was surprised it's only about 10  miles from the border.

told ya ... I live in the sticks  ~2000pop, if you include everything w/i 5 miles of "town".

It is 40 miles to a supermarket.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WillyBob said:

if it wasn't something stupid, the headlines would have been all different

something along the lines of

One BorderPatrol agent shot while arresting 47 undocumented aliens carrying 500 pound of meth ...

they are really downplaying it. The facts as we know them at this time ...

One agent shot at 4:30AM.

One ambulance dispatched with lights/siren. I witnessed this.

Happened 6 - 7 miles SE of town. That is by the lake.

Several individuals were detained.

The agent was transported to a local hospital.

That is all they are saying.

It was just on the national news.  Several people in custody.

• Like 3

Does anyone use Yahoo messenger for emails?  Did you get a notice saying that they are shutting that service down on July 17, 2018?  Wow what a PITA to change all addresses linked to your email....bank, brokerage, FB, contacts and on and on.

Any tips on a better way to make the change?

Wonder if I will lose my post count here after I reactivate my account?

After a little search I think the message just referred to the mobile app!  What a relief!

• Like 2

starting to feel a little tropical. Humidity has broken into two digits.  10  - 15%.  Y'all are going to laugh at what we call humid. 30% is high for us. It will rain, if it gets there.   And the swamp box cooler stops working.

We don't have... Funny thing. We don't need cooling until the humidity goes up... that when the cooler stops. I would like to have one, just to used the forced air ventilation. When the humidity is low, it get cold at night. Then warms/cools very fast. It is nice to help the exchange.

• Haha 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

starting to feel a little tropical. Humidity has broken into two digits.  10  - 15%.  Y'all are going to laugh at what we call humid. 30% is high for us. It will rain, if it gets there.   And the swamp box cooler stops working.

We don't have... Funny thing. We don't need cooling until the humidity goes up... that when the cooler stops. I would like to have one, just to used the forced air ventilation. When the humidity is low, it get cold at night. Then warms/cools very fast. It is nice to help the exchange.

Wouldn't know anything about low humidity ? Well when it gets cold at night dress in layers, 2-3 sarongs would probably help instead of one ? :lol: 

Just not going to lert that die, it's just funny but really you just live in the wrong place. If you lived in Hawaii no one would look twice at you in a sarong, well if you looked like an Hawaiian native, might have to bulk up a little, like X2-3. :unsure2: :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dtel said:

Well when it gets cold at night dress in layers, 2-3 sarongs would probably help instead of one ? :lol: 

nah nah

I just wear a robe.

I bet that doesn't surprise you. If it makes you feel better, I do wear a union suit in the winter...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, babadono said:

Rode a bicycle for years as a kid with no stinking helmet as I'm sure many here did. I survived without much damage, although  I am here with youz guys😎

sure did.

used to play "Ditch 'Em" on bikes.  I had a friend hit a CheckerMarathon with his HeavyDuty Swinn. T-boned it. That left a mark. Dented to door .. The bike.... it wobbled away

• Like 1
  • Haha 3