Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
On 6/13/2018 at 7:59 AM, CECAA850 said:
On 6/13/2018 at 7:14 AM, USNRET said:

Costa Rican coffee beans should be returning next Tuesday.

Be sure you ask when they were roasted and get the freshest ones.

The beans they sell locally are the beans that come back from USA big box stores after they sit on the shelf to long, the good beans are shipped out, locals will not pay those prices so no place stocks them. :o

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WillyBob said:

starting to feel a little tropical. Humidity has broken into two digits.  10  - 15%.  Y'all are going to laugh at what we call humid. 30% is high for us. It will rain, if it gets there.   And the swamp box cooler stops working.

Ha, have to see what the youngest thinks after she lands today in Tempe.  Outta there Monday, prospective roomate interviews, tours of ASU and a possible job interview.  Should be interesting to hear her take.  I've got the granddog til Monday.  So it's trips to the dog park, neighbor kids playing ball w/her and a vet run tomorrow for the once over w/shot updates and the normal stuff.  Here we go!  So much for my bank account!   lol   😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, dtel said:

The beans they sell locally are the beans that come back from USA big box stores after they sit on the shelf to long, the good beans are shipped out, locals will not pay those prices so no place stocks them. :o

The beans I have purchased in Costa Rica are not old.  The biggest deal with them is they pack an amazing caffeine punch.  The best are the dark chocolate covered beans, you don't even have to brew them.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

The beans I have purchased in Costa Rica are not old.  The biggest deal with them is they pack an amazing caffeine punch.  The best are the dark chocolate covered beans, you don't even have to brew them.

That's not chocolate :o

Just giving Carl a hard time about asking about fresh beans.  

Bear ?

• Haha 1

Up and about kinda early. Going for second cup. June gloom has returned, keeping it cooler until later in the day. Going to install a pressure regulator on part of my irrigation system today, tired of blowing stuff up:mad:. Hope I have all the parts I need, supplies are half an hour away. Send good vibes my way please:)  Later all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

I thought people didn't sprinkle their lawns in California, or is it just some places ? 

There was a news story this week that in California you couldn't bathe and wash clothes on the same day, would bathing with your clothes on solve that ? Next they will want people to bathe with a neighbor, this will cause some to move to a neighborhood with better looking neighbors.  :unsure2:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Don't water your lawn? If I don't it will be dead in less than a week, this is an irrigated desert. That said we only have about 1000 to 1100 sq ft of lawn. Just enough to pull our cars off the cement and onto the grass for car washing. Don't get me wrong I like grass but paying for the water to keep it up is another thing.

• Like 2