Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Slept in a bit after a long day on the ocean Saturday.  Our group of six, including LF, fished in a near by Spanish Mackerel tournament.  We hit some hot spots off Wrightsville Beach and ended up with 41 Spanish and 3 blue fish.  Dropped off the fish at the marina and they were cleaned and later fried for dinner for all tournament participants. 

Beer was consumed........

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, babadono said:

Don't water your lawn? If I don't it will be dead in less than a week, this is an irrigated desert.

I trade the $$$ I would spend for cooling on water for my "lawn".  Which, in turn, cools the house - some

we don't use A/C or a swamp box. Just a fan if/when needed

• Like 3

Soooooo Tarheel, basically you went fishin IN the ocean w/Mama then fried fish and got sheet faced?  You're up already?  hahaha  Grand dog had me up @ zero dark thirty wanting to go to the dog park...  Worthless yesterday after her shot updates on Friday so yea, took the day off yesterday.  Monday afternoon can't come soon enough...  Back to the youngest!  What's for breakfast and don't tell me leftover fish cause I'm not buyin that one?

• Haha 2

WillyBob...  Can't wait to hear the war stories about Tempe tomorrow when the youngest gets the dog back.  Said she found a roomie that will work and that's about it other than she really liked Arizona State.  Then told me that a former Buckeye who's now an asst AD for football sent her an email welcoming her and rolling out the red carpet...  Dad HAD to send him an email dumping her on him...  hahaha  I think she's gonna survive this after all...  Maybe!

• Like 3

Hmmmmm, I've heard good and bad on pellet grills so let us know your thoughts.  I almost bought one last year but had my eye on a Weber Spirit 3-burner.   I've ALWAYS cooked on a Weber and love them.  Kinda tough to smoke on them but I guess you can.  Oldest daughter is an "extreme" couponer who is always looking for a glitch in a price on something somewhere.  I'm clueless as to how she does it but one day she called...  "Dad, gonna be home?"  Showed up w/her two kids in the car and had an un-boxed Weber shoved everywhere in her little car.  I was like, seriously???  How'd you know that was the exact grill I was going to buy?  She said she found a glitch on a big chain's price @ checkout on this grill...  Priced in the ads at $499.95 but when she checked out it came up $49.95 so she paid for it and used a local pickup to get it...  Works like a charm  😎   Don't ask me cause I'm clueless how she does it...  lol  She has so many TP and paper towels in her basement I bought her a de-humidifer...    Soggy TP?  Not moi!!!  

😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

I hate assembly....you're much better at it Mike!

Well not so fast; the instructions were wrong about hardware stack up on the number of washers on each bolt and the darn thing wouldn't light. A call to Rec Tec and customer support ran thru the diagnostics. A re-seat of the ceramic heater cured that and it was good to go. Comes with the company owner's personnel cell number.
 Holding a steady temp (lazy dude phone app via WiFi)

Phone app.jpg

• Like 4

What's up everyone.  Recovering here from a party last night.  All my brothers and families descended on me for a reunion of sorts.  Had 30 plus pepole over most of the weekend.  Of course we had spaghetti, meatballs and brother made Italian sausage. 

20180615_154806.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

What's up everyone.  Recovering here from a party last night.  All my brothers and families descended on me for a reunion of sorts.  Had 30 plus pepole over most of the weekend.  Of course we had spaghetti, meatballs and brother made Italian sausage. 

20180615_154806.jpg

So who is the master sauce maker out of all of you? I know you were prolly busy shakin'🍸

Happy Father's Day

• Like 4
  • Haha 1