Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
3 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

Nice and cool today....

Screenshot_2018-07-02-15-08-31.png

Always liked that song.

This is for you, off and on rain today so it's not hot...........the humidity thing is broken.

image.jpeg

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, dtel said:

Always liked that song.

This is for you, off and on rain today so it's not hot...........the humidity thing is broken.

image.jpeg

Walked with Gia to the community college.... To use the indoor pool...

$3 for a hour or open swim...

And to get her familiar with the facility..

She starts swim lessons on monday..

On the walk back the skies were black...

and we just missed a down pour....

Now it's 79degrees... And it's going to storm again...

• Like 1

• Moderators

Could be worse, if it were winter you would have snow piled up high instead of rain. 

Swim lessons is great for her to have instead of not knowing how to swim or worse to be scared of the water.

• Like 2

Got a beautiful "heirloom" tomato this weekend at the farmers market. Took out the core, drained it, then combined with toasted pine nuts, maitake mushrooms, sauteed spinach, , roasted garlic,  ricotta cheese, fresh parmesan reggiano, basil, salt and pepper.    Baked on my grill for 30 minutes or so....wow.  No pictures, it's history.

On 6/30/2018 at 11:30 AM, dtel said:

I would love to see a bug try to eat those, probably pest free ? I know the leaves are not hot but when there are peppers I would think the smell would keep away bugs.

DIY pepper spray  ?

I have to pick my chile piquin before the grasshoppers got 'em

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Got a beautiful "heirloom" tomato this weekend at the farmers market. Took out the core, drained it, then combined with toasted pine nuts, maitake mushrooms, sauteed spinach, , roasted garlic,  ricotta cheese, fresh parmesan reggiano, basil, salt and pepper.    Baked on my grill for 30 minutes or so....wow.  No pictures, it's history.

Sounds like one dressed up tomato. 

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

I have to pick my chile piquin before the grasshoppers got 'em

:o

6 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

Did you get the la scalas to your home yet ?

NO, he loves the anticipation, it gives him something to look forward to. But really there like 1000 miles away, could be the real reason.

I would be willing to go get them for him, but after that drive I would probably just forget what I was doing and keep them. :o:lol:   

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

Did you get the la scalas to your home yet ?

not yet

Starting to get excited. I leave mid Sept. It will be Oct. before they get home.... July and August go by fast. Rainy season is exciting. It will be slowing down about the time I take out on this cross country trek.

Elden,

they're closer to 2000 than 1000.   1800 or 1900 miles to be more precise. I'll drive it w/o a map. Used to go to Chicago [Alsip] every 8 days from Nogales.

• Like 2

• Moderators

I was just guessing, much more than I was thinking, if for some reason you get delirious from driving and miss a turn and end up down this way stop overnight for a break, just make sure we're home. :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It's been a long time, hope you are good. I never knew or asked how did you get the name mangofirst, there was a thread years ago where everyone explained their names ?
I'm good. [emoji4][emoji106]
Fun! Well, at my summer job after my freshman year of college - staff member at a church camp but don't get any ideas, it was still Meatballs level - we would get much of our food from a food bank. Out of date or close to out of date stuff, you know. One day, the boss brings in a case of mangoes. I had never had them and they were perfectly ripe. So I tried one. Then I ate them all over the course of the next two days...it became a thing and the kitchen staff teased me, calling me Mango.
This was before it was a given for people to have internet at their homes, and I only had my school email address. The head of the kitchen tells me I should get a private email account. I had no idea how so he set it up for me because the camp office had internet: mango_111@hotmail.com (the 111 was my dorm room number). I lost the address years ago.
Flash forward a few years and I joined a forum after an irl friend turned me on to an irc chatroom for said forum. When I wanted the username mango for irc it was taken, so in my pouting about it, I came up with mangofirst because I was mango first...this also ties in to the fact that I was mango before the popularity of the Chris Kattan SNL character if the same name. 🤷‍♀️
So that's my username story. Thanks for asking.
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Tomatoes are one of my favorite parts of summer! I only recently started perusing the local farmer's market...got some of those purple beans that turn green when you steam them, some yellow squash, a couple of mild purple peppers, and of course, as many fresh tomatoes as I could afford and my stomach could handle; I didn't eat much else that week.

Aaand I crocheted myself a "French market" style bag to take next time. Only problem is, it's super stretchy...[emoji857][emoji383][emoji765]

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, mangofirst said:

So that's my username story.

Had no idea, well that makes sense and easy for you to remember.   Easy to remember is why I have mine 15 years ago being on no other forums I needed something I could remember. Down To Earth Landscapes.

• Like 4