Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Morning/afternoon all,

The BOSS and I did quite a bit of cleanup at her mom's house yesterday. Got about 3/4 of the big roll off dumper filled... so much stuff.... a life time of stuff that two people accumulated over 50 years. 

and there was a whole chitt load of.......... 8 tracks!! oh my god cases full of em!! everything from

"A Elvis Christmas", "Rodger Whittaker greatest hits" to "Disco inferno" and so many more. 

I know you guys want em😜

MKP 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Back when Quadraphonic was the rage I started out with a Quad Sansui system and a Panasonic Quad/8 Track Tape Player. Eventually I sold the Quad/8 Track Tape Player and all of my tapes to a friend, but for some reason I kept 4-5 8 Track tapes; nostalgia I guess!

• Like 5

The new Jake is an early riser.  4-5am is good for him.  He shakes, making noise with his tags and waking me.  So by 8am I had given him breakfast, a bath, and a walk as well as 2 cups of coffee for me and a half hour bike ride😑

He has barked once in 5 days at a truck delivering some mulch to the neighbor.  A good dog!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

that's cool. We like dogs that bark at something reasonable.

believe it or not, cat's make a good alarm ... if you can see them.  They are very alert. The cat I had in HI could hear the neighbor across the hall of a concrete building come home, over my stereo.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

The new Jake is an early riser.  4-5am is good for him.  He shakes, making noise with his tags and waking me.  So by 8am I had given him breakfast, a bath, and a walk as well as 2 cups of coffee for me and a half hour bike ride😑

He has barked once in 5 days at a truck delivering some mulch to the neighbor.  A good dog!

I'm glad your new friend is working out for you, he seems like a good guy. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

There is still some special edition hot sauce left---

Solstice Scream and Mordor Mud, just $5 for handy and easy carry 3 ounce bottles. (plus shipping, just $7.20for up to four bottles, get it in 3 days or less)

The Mordor Mud is made from chocolate habaneros, named for their color, and has a unique flavor I've never quite experienced before.  Chile heads should try it, you will like it.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

There is still some special edition hot sauce left---

Solstice Scream and Mordor Mud, just $5 for handy and easy carry 3 ounce bottles. (plus shipping, just $7.20for up to four bottles, get it in 3 days or less)

The Mordor Mud is made from chocolate habaneros, named for their color, and has a unique flavor I've never quite experienced before.  Chile heads should try it, you will like it.

I want a couple of bottles each of the Mordor Mud and Solstice Scream.

• Like 3

Great minds think alike

My intellectual cabinet feels empty after the hack...  Now I can wander aimlessly and have a reason

My resident tarantula opened shop.  It set up last summer. Dug a hole in the lawn. Hunkered down for the season. If it wanders off, I will know it's a male. Handsome bugger. Tan body with chocolate brown legs.

Before you get all girlie on me and say EWWWWWW!.

A gander of a soldifuge/sun spider will put things into perspective.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 6:02 PM, oldtimer said:

Nothing quite like the click clack of an eight track changing.  

Certain songs on the radio sounded funny as they didn't have the click where my 8 track did as it played.  I'd be waiting for it in my head and it wouldn't happen. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, babadono said:

tarantula

Perfect reason for me to never move any more West

5 hours ago, WillyBob said:

dug a hole in the lawn. Hunkered down for the season.

12 gauge 3" oo buckshot into the hole, then gas and a lighter, then beat the area with a shovel. Oh I forgot to say I am scared of spiders. :unsure2: The hairy or big ones at least

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Certain songs on the radio sounded funny as they didn't have the click where my 8 track did as it played.  I'd be waiting for it in my head and it wouldn't happen. 

Sorry we just got back home a couple of hours ago, we missed the whole chinese invasion, was no help at all. 

Sorry

• Like 4