Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, oldtimer said:
46 minutes ago, dtel said:

I think I would rather see a spider than Oldtimer, he's known to have quite a bite also, I've never met him but he might also be hairy ?

That's quite the compliment.

Well it was mostly meant in a good way :smile:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Page 1961......must be the year some of you young fellas were born?

I hate to accept that I was three years old the year someone named "oldtimer" was born!!!!!

But at least I got to see the 50's! They were a hoot!!! good times!

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, dtel said:

I might leave him there so he gets use to seeing me so I can get a picture, then take him out. 

Are you going to make it a selfie ? A dtel and wally gator selfie, put me down for an 8X10...

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Tarantulas are cool, despite being big and hairy (or because of it).  My dog would have face offs with them in the yard, barking at them while they would rear back and stand their ground.  You just have to respect that.  

Yes very cool. When I was stationed in El Paso I would catch em and keep them in a fish tank for a few days. I would let them walk on me.... never got bit.  Couldn't keep em long they would molt and die. 

The hanger that we kept the helicopters in had hundreds of Black Widows in the corners. I would take one out of it's web and put it in another one's web and watch the battle.

On creature that I found one afternoon was a Wind Scorpion. never seen any thing like it. It was awesome.

Love bugs....still do

MKP 🙂

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, Speed said:

Are you going to make it a selfie ? A dtel and wally gator selfie, put me down for an 8X10...

I doubt that, it is shy, or it just don't want to be seen with me, hard to tell ?

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:
3 hours ago, Ceptorman said:
14 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Page 1961......must be the year some of you young fellas were born?

Page 1963......that's the one!

Yup☺️

MKP 🙂

I'm feeling older, but Tarheel helps a little with that.

We blew right past page 1957 :sad:

• Like 4

7 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Just bought a buttload at the store which has school supplies on sale.  Ticonderoga #2, the best.  There is at least one trivia question in this post.

Is the question, "Which pencils, once proudly made so well in the USA are no longer made in the USA but in Mexico?" Oh no, I guess that'd be an answer. USA Golds all the way, baby! 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Certain songs on the radio sounded funny as they didn't have the click where my 8 track did as it played.  I'd be waiting for it in my head and it wouldn't happen. 

Same but with records skipping as I recorded them to cassette. I remember Elton John singing "and there's no one there" 3 times on Rocket Man before moving on. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, dtel said:

True  but with a spider my blood pressure would be a problem, if i don't have a heart attack instantly,. no I would run first.

I have dealt with poisonous snakes and alligators here, they don't bother me. Every couple years we have a alligator in the pond, we have one right now I haven't been able to remove, only around 3-4 feet, doesn't stop me from swimming.

I might leave him there so he gets use to seeing me so I can get a picture, then take him out. 

I’ve never had to deal with alligators on a daily basis, but I’ve encountered them, up close, on many fishing trips, while frog gigging, and while hunting; never had to dispatch one though!

We do have our share of various non-poisonous types of snakes on our property here in East Texas. Interestingly, we’ve never seen a Copperhead on our property, but our neighbors just across our County Road see them all the time!

However, what we do have is a Cougar that's made our property part of its range. Most of the time I just hear it if it is in our woods when I walk out onto the back porch at night and shine its eyes; it then says hello with a knee shaking snarl! I did see it once during the daytime, down by the creek that runs across the back of our property; beautiful cat!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Buck115 said:

I’ve never had to deal with alligators on a daily basis

I don't either, he's just out in the pond, some days you see him some not, he will get brave and stay out. I have seen one in the past as I cut grass 25' away, it didn't scare him.They get used to seeing you. So far they have all been small.

I heard a big cat a couple of times a long ago when deer hunting, not here though. Once you hear one you never forget the sound. Almost forgot baby alligators almost sound like a baby crying, but a cat is a much scarier sound especially when you can't tell how far away it is. 

• Haha 1