Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I was commenting on the particular set I bought.  Made in China.  Good ole' Dixon.
I think maybe I've noticed the heche en Mexico on plain old Dixon #2's and not Ticonderogas specifically...I'm such a pencil snob though. A few years ago when I noticed that my favorite pencils (Ticonderoga) weren't made here anymore, I swapped over to USA Gold.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, babadono said:

Is that after Al Gore invented the internet?😎

Sunglasses won't save you. Its the profession I'm in so I pay close attention to it. Al Gore never claimed to have "Invented the Internet".

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/internet-of-lies/

During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country’s economic growth and environmental protection, improvements in our educational system.

In context, Gore’s response (which employed the word “created,” not “invented”) was clear in meaning:
the vice president was not claiming that he “invented” the Internet in the sense of having designed or implemented it, but rather that he was one of the visionaries responsible for helping to bring it into being by fostering its development in an economic and legislative sense,

To claim that Gore was seriously trying to take credit for the “invention” of the Internet is, frankly, just silly political posturing that arose out of a close presidential campaign. If, for example, President Eisenhower had said in the mid-1960s that he, while president, “took the initiative in creating the Interstate Highway System,” he would not have been the subject of dozens and dozens of editorials lampooning him for claiming he “invented” the concept of highways or implying that he personally went out and dug ditches across the country to help build the roadway. Everyone would have understood that Eisenhower meant he was a driving force behind the legislation that created the highway system, and this was the very same concept Al Gore was expressing about himself with interview remarks about the Internet.

DARPA invented TCP/IP which makes the Internet possible.

3 minutes ago, dtel said:

He's still a clown.

Be that as it may.....

3 minutes ago, babadono said:

So God didn't invent the Universe, he created it...

It's only words and words are all I have........😎

I doubt it, but maybe.

Word matter, no? If you spend your life in a bubble seeking reinforcement you will surely find it.

• Like 2

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, babadono said:
23 minutes ago, dtel said:

He's still a clown.

I resemble that remark😎

:pwk_bs:

That's not going to work, well most of the time.

As much as I liked my bubble it was worn off a very long time ago. 

• Like 2

Is there a preview reply option on any of the mobile/app versions of this forum? I'm (obviously) using Tapatalk, but I also use the mobile web version. What format does everyone prefer "on the go"?
Haven't had any coffee yet today, only sweet tea. Thought about maybe an iced coffee.?.

• Like 3

I call that leftover.

Had to put my robe on. It's cold. Might be 80` max. Dew point is 65` [or so] and it rained.  It was warmer this AM when I got up.... at 3:30

hmmmmm  1965? I was 10. Remember my older sisters playing he Beatles while I had my HO cars... The set I got had a split window Vette and and XKE Jag.  Musta been about the same year ??

• Like 2

• Moderators

Looks like coffee is needed here 24 hours and no post ?

I know you all could not have run out of BS, coffee maby BS no way. 

Busy being productive, OK it was a longshot

• Like 3
  • Haha 1