Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
On 8/12/2018 at 6:20 AM, WillyBob said:

I haven't heard any more about @dtel's wife.

I assume things are OK

Ya doin' alright?

She still has the Kidney stone, medicine runs out in a few days and she will be back at the doctors to see what's the next plan ?

On 8/12/2018 at 1:28 PM, Dave1290 said:

Mr & Mrs Dtel are prolly eating watermelon and schemin...

Just one watermelon last week but did bring this back from arkansas, only a couple sips missing.. Watermelon Arkansauce

Got home a couple hours ago, I want to stay home for a while. 

image.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Mark your calendar boys and girl(s). Just a bit over a month away.

National Coffee Day, also known as Coffee Day or International Coffee Day, is a holiday that celebrates this hot beverage and the joy it brings to people all over the world. On this day, people not only take the time to enjoy their favorite brand of coffee, but also many different types of businesses offer discounted or free cups of coffee to their customers. It is celebrated on September 29th all over the world.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, windashine said:

Roger That, Free Coffee, Check Sept 29, Saturday

—— yep I’ll make plans to stand in line for a couple hours for a free 2$ cup o’ joe on the 29th. It’s on my calendar. But they should have dated this with the free donut day at Krispy Kreme. I would have blocked out 4 hours for that event. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• Moderators

Getting back to normal, 2 cups this morning, compared to about 5 cups over the last 2 weeks. I need the coffee, I have my grass and my sisters grass a couple miles away to catch up on, and most of it is higher than when I'm on my  normal schedule so I will have to go a little slower. It's good to be back home.

• Like 3

My mind went  all wrong on

1 hour ago, dtel said:

I have my grass and my sisters grass a couple miles away to catch up on,

We have a lot of old hippies out here/   A lot of new ones, too.  lol

Went out this AM at 3 o' frig clock to see if the reports of the sky falling were true.... Can't prove it by me.

A pot of Peruvian [coffee] and I'm catching up with housework I neglected yesterday, to go bowling. Spread 5 gal of roof coating. I can almost see. Everything was kinda dark when I got off the roof.

No. I am not going to wear my $400 sunglasses for that. Nothing fancy. Titanium frames $200. Prescription polarized lenses... another deuce. They're for driving and fishing.

I pride myself in being fairly observant.  Took me 4 months to notice one of the new kittens is deaf. We just thought she was exercising the cat's prerogative to  ignore you... looks like we have an indoor cat that will know sign and read lips...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
53 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

We have a lot of old hippies out here/   A lot of new ones, too.  lol

And wannabe hippies, the difference is with me being a hippie is I take a bath everyday. :)

56 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

Took me 4 months to notice one of the new kittens is deaf.

It's all in the big plan, LaScalas are coming.

58 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

No. I am not going to wear my $400 sunglasses for that. Nothing fancy. Titanium frames $200. Prescription polarized lenses... another deuce. They're for driving and fishing.

Well there are priorities, and fishing is close to the top of the list.

Lake Okeechobee last week, a great looking lake to fish,  734 square miles, but we forgot to call the fish in advance and only a few knew we were looking for them. :mellow2:

P8051028.JPG

• Haha 3

ArivacaLake is 90acres, when it's full up... We kinda have them cornered. lol

... yep, in a month, I will get to visit my Scalas.  They should be home around the end of Sept.  No greedy rubbing hands emoji

Still a toss up whether they will live in the house or the doghouse... We will try the house. See how the wife adapts.

give the missus my regards and I she gets back to normal ASAP.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

Still a toss up whether they will live in the house or the doghouse... We will try the house. See how the wife adapts.

Do what you have to to keep them in the house, no we don't need details. :lol:

16 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

give the missus my regards and I she gets back to normal ASAP.

Don't know if I would recognize normal ?

6 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

You look up your old buddy while you were there?

The only one I could think of would be Richard, if so yes we went by his house a couple days, we refinished his raw1802 sub. He wanted the openings and back black with the top sides and front panel stained dark Walnut, it came out nice. I first sanded everything then put edgebanding on all the plywood edges, painted the black next then stained. We left for a day to fish and went back and added some satin poly, it came pretty nice. I forgot to get pictures 

• Like 3

• Moderators

Almost forgot, we stayed in Orlando for a couple days on the way down there and the place had a golf course. Roy asked if we could fish it and they said yes so we fished 18 holes, didn't realize how many ponds were in the golf course until we started walking it. One golfer pulled up on his cart and told us which ponds were best, he golf's and fishes at the same time.

I have to say I never tried it before but  it's pretty cool to fish a golf course, the grass is perfect and it is overall a really nice looking place to fish, just watch out for flying golf balls.

We caught some really nice fish I guess it's not fished much at all ?          Roy and his grandson

ERL_6925-copy.JPG

• Like 4