Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I was thinking of someone else.

OH I know who you were thinking of, no.

Richard is who we went to Miami and Key West with last time, and he is now president of the museum. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
4 hours ago, WillyBob said:

We used to fish the water hazards on the courses down here ... until they dried 'em up. Now they are rough... very rough.

I would think in your area, the desert any water hole would have critters around it.

• Like 2

wife was tired when she got home from work... so she took a nap.

A few minutes ago she got up, running around the house ,"The clock must be wrong"

me, "Huh?"

"I gotta get ready to go to work!!!"

"Huh?"

"What day is this?

"Wednesday"

she thought she had slept the whole night

lol

not that this will happen.

But, the other day, she admitted, to me, that she should listen to me more often.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
2 hours ago, WillyBob said:

not that this will happen.

But, the other day, she admitted, to me, that she should listen to me more often.

It's a rare thing and usually never happens when there are witnesses. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

So back to coffee talk. For the drip machine users out there - paper filter or reusable gold thingy?

I was a paper guy for a long time. Last 3+ years it has been the same gold reusable job. I've also started collecting the grinds (or is it grounds) and once a week dump them around the base of an old dogwood tree that was starting to show its roots. 2+ years later no roots and no grinds/grounds going to the landfill.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tarheel said:

Paper filters here.  Wonder if the paper adds it's own "flavor"?

Not sure about flavor I'd bet you can find pros and cons of either if you try. I have heard that brown is better for the environment over white which is bleached. Most likely put out by the Deep-Brown-Paper-Filter-State, or the Alt-unbleached. Though it would seem like it should be the Alt-Bleached if we want them uber white. :mellow:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I use the brown paper filters,

When finished with my 4 cup's and cleaning the pot, I can make a hole in one, basketball equivalent dunk, strike out pitch, and touchdown, straight into the trash can from the edge of the pantry door, without missing.... 

I've tried the reusable filters, but eventually, however much you save, there was an inordinate amount of time spent washing it out, and cleaning the sink, which calculates into an inappropriate amount of lost time (to me) whereas, the filter grounds (in my mind) help to naturalize all the various components in the dump, and fill a special void, like natural dirt.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

I believe paper has its own flavor for sure.  Though I'm reporting on my experience with soft drinks. I'll never forget the day that the burger joint I used to hang out in switched from white paper cones in aluminum holders with paper straws to waxed cups and plastic straws.  All the difference in the world, and not for the better.  I'm certain this would also effect coffee as well. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

'Man, do you imagine what it would be like if we found a jazzjoint in these swamps, with great big black fellas moanin guitar blues and drinkin snakejuice and makin signs at us?" Jack Kerouac "On The Road"   

I love this line from OTR!  Thanks for reminding me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1