Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

@Tarheel

After all that work with the clay bars what do you use for protection? Zaino? or another synthetic like some of the good 3Ms.

Used Zaino with my old junkyard `94 9C1 and it did 13 seconds after that!

3_LFT.png

4_rear.png

image.jpg

That's not my dress kit on my LT1 but that pic made me do that to mine before I got T-boned in `07

• Like 5

Car Guys Wax Sealant.......very easy, quick, and leaves no white wax in crevices when finished.  I order it from Amazon.  Beads up for a pretty long time too.

Thought I would give extra protection to the Z4 that stays outside so I turtle waxed it.  Left wax in scratches or were body panels meet😴

Has anyone ever had a "paint correction" done?  Cost?

• Like 1

Yea I quit using turtle wax in the 80s it attracted bugs like the carnuba waxes do. Before that on the original (here) `72 Impala "Great White Buffalo" with the "Mirro-Magic" laquer that was all it got twice a year.

Remember that stuff ten or fifteen years ago that would "fill" scratches? it was pretty good, think it came out when that nu-finish was all the rage.

Front to back on the horozontal hood, roof and trunk. Up and down on the vertical doors and fenders. That causes it to refract as much light as possible.

One of the things learned early when you grow up in N ascar C ountry.

• Like 2

Epic 1969 Ford Bronco Test Vehicle to Cross the Auction Block

this incredible 1969 Bronco, fresh from a concours-grade restoration by Colin Comer and poised to cross the auction block at Gooding & Company’s auction during Car Week on the Monterey Peninsula. It is expected to fetch between $180,000 and $220,000, according to the auctioneers.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/classic-cars/epic-1969-ford-bronco-test-vehicle-to-cross-the-auction-block/ar-BBM4hwM?ocid=AMZN

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Shiva said:

Wow, 5 hours. Sounds like you have a massive yard. The lazy mans guide to mowing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It isn’t huge, but we have 1 acre of actual yard (grass) and some of it is on slopes. My wife keeps reminding me that I'm the one that wanted a big yard in retirement, but at almost 73 it’s good exercise! 😳 Typically I’ll mow 1/3 to 1/2 of the yard with my Walk-Behind mower, but today I probably did a little over 1/2 with it. Between equipment prep, edging the driveway and sidewalks, string trimming around trees and flowerbeds, using the walk-behind mower for about 1/2+ of the lawn, then the Lawn Tractor for the remainder of the lawn, then blowing off the driveway and sidewalks and porches, then equipment cleanup and put away, and then sprinkler system test; today it took about 5 1/4 hours with 4 Grape flavored Propel hydration breaks. 😫

I’m trying to figure out how I can make your solution work for my yard! 😂

Before we retired we lived in Oceanside, CA; it took about 20 minutes (total) to mow the yard because most of it was Xeriscape.

Mowing is done; now it's wine time! 🍷

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Buck115 said:

It isn’t huge, but we have 1 acre of actual yard (grass) and some of it is on slopes. My wife keeps reminding me that I'm the one that wanted a big yard in retirement, but at almost 73 it’s good exercise! 😳 Typically I’ll mow 1/3 to 1/2 of the yard with my Walk-Behind mower, but today I probably did a little over 1/2 with it. Between equipment prep, edging the driveway and sidewalks, string trimming around trees and flowerbeds, using the walk-behind mower for about 1/2+ of the lawn, then the Lawn Tractor for the remainder of the lawn, then blowing off the driveway and sidewalks and porches, then equipment cleanup and put away, and then sprinkler system test; today it took about 5 1/4 hours with 4 Grape flavored Propel hydration breaks. 😫

I’m trying to figure out how I can make your solution work for my yard! 😂

Before we retired we lived in Oceanside, CA; it took about 20 minutes (total) to mow the yard because most of it was Xeriscape.

Now, it's wine time! 🍷

I would love to have a nice buffer of space around my home as you do. A well deserved glass of wine,  Enjoy.:emotion-21:   Since you mentioned slopes, I saw a vid today that might be worth a look.  Not quite sure how he has it configured, but it does make one pause, looking at it. A bit of a laugh as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good evening everyone!   Well, had a lovely day at the car show next town over from here at my Dad's place...   Took photos of certain cars JUST FOR YOU whom may enjoy them most...   Also, over in RTM and enjoying a LIVE concert from Tanglewood as I type with the very fine Klipsch IN EAR phones, very comfortable and GREAT sound with plenty of LOW bass info too !

Chuck, dinner looks great (as I know, I am veg, but can appreciate the work put into a fine outdoor cooked dinner 🍷, hope you and the LF enjoy !     Ok, let me get some photos together.

MIKE, I have a few especially for YOU !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1