Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

The way that they can mix oregano and lemon in a lot of things, trout, chicken, green beans and make it taste out of this world good I would have to stay away.

I've had next door neighbors since about 1968 that are from there and his interest in American history and hers in making those pastries and all the other cooking have been a revelation that I am glad to have experienced.

** Should have mentioned that his truthful stories told to us kids when we were teens about fighting the nazis. Real ones that invaded his Greek town, and the sounds of the 30 cal and 50 cals whizzing by their heads. How that word is misused by some young dummies now days disgusts me.

• Like 2

Got my morning fun all lined out

.......... unless one of you want to relocate a pole cat for me. They're getting too comfortable around here.  Dusted off a small [squirrel size] live trap I found in the shed. It works...

When bought this place with contents... we got all manner of stuff. From a RadioFlyer wagon to leg hold traps to sea shells

Hope this trap is small enough to keep the skunk from a major discharge IF I can slip the cage/trap into a box, that will make my life easier, maybe

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, USNRET said:

Anyone care for Greek coffee or cocktails?

Considering a 5 year company tour here. Work at bottom of marker / live maybe at the top.

Haven't been to that part of the country, but worked in Crete quite often.  Very interesting place.  Hope you like big rocks and dirt.

You would most likely be the furthest traveled when you come back for the Pilgrimage.....

• Haha 2

Good HUMPDAY morning everyone............:emotion-44:

I saw a page back or so mention of dishes...   Well, we are just back from my N.C. trip (other side of Chuck's state) and as always, we make a trip out to the kitchen store on the way to Ashville..   We are converting all our dishwares to GENIUNE USA made Fiestaware..

Here are more new additions from THIS years purchases...   These are all made right in the state of Virginia..   I also needed a couple more stone coasters (Fiesta name on these tiles - made by 'Thirsty Stone')...   We have now retired our cheap and worn down glass dishes and bowls...

Here you go.......  DSCN3046.jpg

• Like 5

Yes, yes, they are great.......these are a little different since they have a 'glaze' on them.  But, I know the UN-glazed type will absorb water.  These, it just sits on top since it is just like a kitchen or bathroom type tile....   I will get a photo of the whole collection :happy:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

But, I know the UN-glazed type will absorb water.

That's the style we have.  The surface is slightly rough and porous.  I had no idea they made ones with a glazed surface but we haven't shopped for coasters in a couple decades.

• Like 2

=== why would anyone on this Forum particularly those with Heritage boxes need or want coasters? You do realize Klipsch Heritage not only look the part but escalate in value with water ring stains. The more, the betta’ —. Ditch the coasters —

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, richieb said:

=== why would anyone on this Forum particularly those with Heritage boxes need or want coasters? You do realize Klipsch Heritage not only look the part but escalate in value with water ring stains. The more, the betta’ —. Ditch the coasters —

Rookie.

Plants make better marks especially when you over water them.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Hey gang...

No work today and off till Monday... The BOSS and I are going to see Michael McDonald tonight. Been looking forward for this show for some time. The concert is at Wolf Trap just outside of D.C. It's a outside venue.... never been there. We're getting ready to roll out and get some dinner and want to beet the Washington D.C. rush hour traffic(if there is such a thing) 

On the coffee front..... The BOSS just informed this morning that the pot for the BUNN A-10 has a crack in it. We bought a spare years ago when we got the BUNN but I can't seem to locate it. This is going to be a problem in the AM if it's not found!

Anyway... good vibes to all..... Later

MKP 🙂

• Like 4

1 hour ago, richieb said:

Surely you jest.... I know, I know...you're not kidding and don't call you Shirley.:)

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, richieb said:

Glasses don't sweat here.. 50% is smothering high.. lol

Back to my pot of ArivacaBlend.  It FrenchRoast 50/50 with a light roast -- Guatamalan [I think]

it was a fairly successful transfer of the skunk. A minor discharge packing the trap for transit. The skunk was pretty good considering how bad it could have gotten. I

When you intend to release the animal, in order to open the door on the trap, you have to turn it upside down. Now me being me... We had to do it twice.  The skunk came out  disoriented and stood there for... I dunno, too long for my comfort.. I braved a gentle urging w/o incident.... Back to me being me... I wasn't about to let me be the only one to enjoy the skunk.  I released it where the BorderPartol hang out to watch cars go by... Down town would have been fun... but that in it's normal haunts. It would find its way back, the two blocks, to here...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, WillyBob said:

Hope this trap is small enough to keep the skunk from a major discharge IF I can slip the cage/trap into a box, that will make my life easier, maybe

You do realize your being ridiculously optimistic with that idea ? 

Sounds like one of those hold my beer ideas. :D 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2