Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Don't stay in the thermal blankets too long Mike.  dtel is always right!

You apparently never talked with my wife.

legal disclaimer.......

Don't take anything I say seriously unless I'm serious :o and I try to make that very rare.

• Haha 3

Finished off that bag of ArivacaBlend. Back to Peruvian.  Took a 4hr nap. Awake now. Trying to resist the urge to "pump up the da volume".  We have neighbors here. The last place was one an acre, same as here...  but, we had the store on one side, cemetery and park on two others. Essentially, 15 acres. A fair amt  of "buffer".

Hard to believe I'm gonna be on the road a week from tomorrow.  Have to stop in LasCruces. A friend there... a Klipsch museum, too. 4 hrs out of the house will be a good coffee break. Then the long haul across NM and the panhandle of TX. This car will keep me from spending too much time behind the wheel. Only has a 10 gal tank. The Olds ... that silly car gets 30mpg+ and has a 17 gal tank. One reason why I have been hesitant about a new car. For all the "improvements", find a new full size car with a V6 that does as well. This Versa is smaller, Def not as comfortable. Pretty utilitarian [I wouldn't be able to put those Scalas in the Olds] and is sposed to get 35mpg+... they say. We'll see about that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WillyBob said:

Finished off that bag of ArivacaBlend. Back to Peruvian.  Took a 4hr nap. Awake now. Trying to resist the urge to "pump up the da volume".  We have neighbors here. The last place was one an acre, same as here...  but, we had the store on one side, cemetery and park on two others. Essentially, 15 acres. A fair amt  of "buffer".

Hard to believe I'm gonna be on the road a week from tomorrow.  Have to stop in LasCruces. A friend there... a Klipsch museum, too. 4 hrs out of the house will be a good coffee break. Then the long haul across NM and the panhandle of TX. This car will keep me from spending too much time behind the wheel. Only has a 10 gal tank. The Olds ... that silly car gets 30mpg+ and has a 17 gal tank. One reason why I have been hesitant about a new car. For all the "improvements", find a new full size car with a V6 that does as well. This Versa is smaller, Def not as comfortable. Pretty utilitarian [I wouldn't be able to put those Scalas in the Olds] and is sposed to get 35mpg+... they say. We'll see about that.

when are you going to get those

la scalas

• Like 3

6 hours ago, WillyBob said:

... Does a pitcher of beer constitute one drink?

If I be da judge... Yes lol

...reminded me of the time at my daughters wedding reception in Bandera, (ahhh, I'm suppose to know this stuff, probably 2010)  I was down in the Hill Country, and they had a left-over keg of beer, so dang, I emptied out a couple of water bottles, and filled 'em back up, went back to the B&B, feet up, outside looking into the sky, and tried my best, nevertheless, I won't do that again...

Last week, Speakin' bout drinkin', I looked for Mayorga bean coffee, but just found a 5 lb bag for $33... that didn't tide well with my budget, having never sampled any..., so I bellied up to the Quick Trip Gas station for a $6 bag of convenience store ground coffee, off the back shelf, in the back, where one of those racks is, that should have a label indicating - try at your own risk... 12oz, packaged like a grocery store marketing marvel, but, It's pretty good, will be better tomorrow morning, when I load up Mr Coffee, again

---> insert extra comma , lol

10 after 10 Central daylight time, perhaps 10 gauge romex cable

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Can honestly say, I've never even been down an aisle that had a boxed up Moccamaster… but would generally believe that it would begin in the garage with a vise, then proceed with a string or cable, a couple of pullies, a video or two, all while sipping on a hot Mr Coffee, Hey !!!

Have a Great Labor Day Holiday Ya'll

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1