Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

getting close to time for my road trip. Looks like I will be chasing the remnants of dtel's hurricane. Still have time for a few more anxiety attack before Monday. Have a stop in LasCruces. Coffee and lunch... Maybe a drink and an overnight... Then leave out, for the drive. Debating on taking a fishing pole... or two. They will fit... the tackle bag... I will need to pare that down. May just take my UL and have fun. I'm not afraid to get spooled in saltwater.  I will be on the beach early AM. The rod and reel give me an excuse to stand in the shore break and snag sea weed. I love the beach... even if it isn't HI

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

=== anticipating a Klipsch LaScala road trip is always exciting but I’m happy for you, and me, the saga is winding down. Never could I have waited out several months time. I would have been inclined to rent an appliance dolly and head out on foot. With that being said, safe travels. And may your next Klipsch purchase be delivered to your door —

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I have a plan for how/where to put them... and for an alternate building, too. And then we get furniture. lol

this room is long and narrow or wide and shallow.  25 X 12. Am gonna try them on the long wall, about 4 feet from the corners.... or they will be getting banged by doors.

The alternate is a near field application, in the doghouse/man cave

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, WillyBob said:

Debating on taking a fishing pole..

Whatever you would use in freshwater would probably not do well in saltwater, unless you use big heavy fishing poles for freshwater which is silly, or overly optimistic. Beware there are real fish in saltwater, most would laugh at a freshwater rig. :ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, WillyBob said:

getting close to time for my road trip. Looks like I will be chasing the remnants of dtel's hurricane. Still have time for a few more anxiety attack before Monday. Have a stop in LasCruces. Coffee and lunch... Maybe a drink and an overnight... Then leave out, for the drive. Debating on taking a fishing pole... or two. They will fit... the tackle bag... I will need to pare that down. May just take my UL and have fun. I'm not afraid to get spooled in saltwater.  I will be on the beach early AM. The rod and reel give me an excuse to stand in the shore break and snag sea weed. I love the beach... even if it isn't HI

If you're in the Indy area and need any help, or anything else, give me a shout. I'll be in South Bend tomorrow for the Irish football game.

Drive safe, and have fun, I'll PM you my number....

• Like 4

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

If you're in the Indy area and need any help, or anything else, give me a shout. I'll be in South Bend tomorrow for the Irish football game.

Drive safe, and have fun, I'll PM you my number....

:emotion-21:

That's why I said that about the route, I was thinking the same thing.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

I have a plan for how/where to put them... and for an alternate building, too. And then we get furniture. lol

this room is long and narrow or wide and shallow.  25 X 12. Am gonna try them on the long wall, about 4 feet from the corners.... or they will be getting banged by doors.

The alternate is a near field application, in the doghouse/man cave

=== ooops, room isn’t configured correctly, nuthin but problems. Cancel sale —. You are welcome -

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, babadono said:

Get your kicks on Route 66:)

That's how I went with my parents to California back in the 60's, back when the trip was as much fun as the destination, great road to travel.

• Like 2

Map? I can just about do the trip to IN in my sleep. I used to run from Nogales to Alsip IL every 8 days. I have to kill some time en route or I will get to my sister's at an odd hour... 2 or 3AM.

"Oh, come on in Bill"

... uh no    this is the one with the conceal carry permit.

Bill, when you headed back to Indy? I'll be in Elkhart Wed. I think.   Depends on how long I visit in LC. I have a lot more flexibility on the return.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

Map? I can just about do the trip to IN in my sleep. I used to run from Nogales to Alsip IL every 8 days. I have to kill some time en route or I will get to my sister's at an odd hour... 2 or 3AM.

"Oh, come on in Bill"

... uh no    this is the one with the conceal carry permit.

Bill, when you headed back to Indy? I'll be in Elkhart Wed. I think.   Depends on how long I visit in LC. I have a lot more flexibility on the return.

I'm there just for one day. 

I'm envious, I love to drive. Last year, I drove from Indy to San Antonio straight through, and back home straight. I think I was a truck driver in a previous life!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My luck, we will have a 2nd row seat... The beach is across the street... The place we got is 6 or 7 inches higher. lol

there is a reason they discount at this time of year.

If it was up to me, we would have had the get together in HI. Yeah... a chance of weather. Less than the southeast quadrant of the mainland. The ocean is much nicer.. mo' bettah

I am anxious to hear these speakers. It's been near 7 months. I have a couple hobbies. One is gardening and growing 5 gallon houseplants from those $1 walmart starts. I [can] have quite a bit of patience.

We had a SWAT situation a block away  [if it happens in town, it's a block away]. Someone is in sheep dip. Armored car, UH-60...20 vehicles or more. This started at 4AM with a bunch of travelers getting chased into town. I heard the dogs and was out shining my flashlight around... Wife called me 5 min after she left the house to tell me something was going on. BorderPatrol... Parked on 3 sides of a house.  Then I saw an agent on horseback cruising the block... I figured kinda

... it took a twist. The group gathered at a place that was a suspected meth lab.

glad to see the lab go down.  and the "travel agency"... another form of border pirates.

that was the excitement today.  When  - -it  happens we get a show. Last SWAT thing involved Crackhead Ray. Ya know this is a dimass story... He stole a tractor. Bashed a house and then stole guns and food. This is a small community. Everyone knows everyone... Crackhead Ray didn't figure that into the plan... we suspect he had help with the plan... lol

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Yes Mr. @dtel since I woke up to that big-as* dumpster sliding uphill during the approach of one in `89 I am aware that 200 miles uphill from from the beach isn't far enough from a big one.

Your right, it could get that far quickly and still be very strong. There is just alot going on in the Atlantic right now. 

I know it's still a long way out there and anything can happen, but just being out there is not good.

025318_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm feeling mighty lonesome
Haven't slept a wink
I walk the floor and watch the door
And in between I drink
Black coffee
Love's a hand me down brew
I'll never know a Sunday
In this weekday room
I'm talking to the shadows
From 1 o'clock til 4
And lord, how slow the moments go
When all I do is pour
Black coffee
Since the blues caught my eye
I'm hanging out on Monday
My Sunday dreams to dry
Now a man is born to go a lovin'
A woman's born to weep and fret
To stay at home and tend her oven
And drown her past regrets
In coffee and cigarettes
I'm moaning all the morning
And mourning all the night
And in between it's nicotine
And not much heart to fight
Black coffee
Feelin' low as the ground
It's driving me crazy just waiting for my baby
To maybe come around... around
I'm waiting for my baby
To maybe come around
My nerves have gone to pieces
My hair is turning gray
All I do is drink black coffee
Since my man's gone away
  • Like 6

10 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Yes Mr. @dtel since I woke up to that big-as* dumpster sliding uphill during the approach of one in `89 I am aware that 200 miles uphill from from the beach isn't far enough from a big one.

Yes that was Hugo.  Bearing down on Wilmington as I went to bed.  Woke up to a call from the dentist office reminding me of my appointment.  I asked about the hurricane and learned it made a slight dip......went in at SC and messed up a lot from Hilton Head to Charlotte and beyond.

• Like 4