Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Sorry  @oldtimer

I don't have any stake in blaming a union for anything. If it's not them that is doing this that's my bad.

Also not anyone's "tool".  Not politically active, I hate them all and I vote. 

I comprehend why unions were formed. I know some have devolved. I looked into joining one union in central FL, considered the dues and I might have come out better financially. A painters union that did most of their work at the cape (in FL that's Cape Canaveral). Easier commute, but the more I learned and a couple incidents with nasty coal tar paint in an enclosed environment I learned of I decided against it. I fired a boss a month almost the first year I was down there until I found the first good outfit to work with.

Public schools have been thorough in leading young minds into thinking that their own country is at fault for lots of things in this world. They removed those couple of moments of respect shown to our country by all a long time ago. They are on a binge finding fault with all of our society's standards and customs. Why else would this zero tolerance bullya be used to malaign and warp perfectly good kids. Two plus two equals four. Boys have a ---- girls have a --------. There are imperfections in organic beings. Or so I've heard about. Trying to change reality is something I reject and sometimes chuckle about. My brother took his kids out of the school system down in SC when they went off their rockers about the two sexes. I'm proud of him for that. 

If they are merely the closest point of contact to the children they should resist the ones pushing this.

• Like 2

My kids go to the top rated school in town and are taking advanced placement classes. I have found numerous occasions where the kids have turned in homework and the teacher has graded answers as wrong when in fact the answers were correct (not disputable), have graded assignments as missing (kids have taken photos of the work in the teacher’s inbox, I asked for proof after several instances) and have caught staff making faces behind my back when I have visited the school and presented the evidence. No action was taken and no grades changed to correct the errors.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

It's like magnesium.   It never stops burning.  Lol.

Your new nickname is Mg.

Never forgive, never forget.  His reaction at the time said it all.  He knew he screwed up, then after the game when the nfl rescued him, he was all cocky "yeah  knew it all along.  No class, he plays for a cheating coach, he cheats, they all cheat.  In the nfl, cheaters always win, and winners always cheat.  What a total cnut.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I was with you until you blamed teachers, unionized or not.  Teachers do not choose the textbooks they have to use.  Teachers do not legislate the curriculum.  Teachers do not legislate the rules that we all scoff.  State school boards do, in some cases they are elected and in some they are appointed.  They have all become politicized instead of focused on real learning.  

Let me approach American education from a different perspective. I've lived in foreign countries, and have witnessed how other cultures work. There is waaaay too much competition for education in America, K-12. Here are a few examples. Almost every kid here has 200 channels of TV, countless movies and music,stereos,school sports,cell phones,internet,Facebook,YouTube,video games,skateboards,bicycles,dirt bikes,ATV's,UTV's, boats,skiing,fishing,hunting,guns,camping,backyard playground items,pools,animals to play with and take care of,cars,trucks,toys,K-horns-Haha,all of our major sporting events and great entertainers,both parents working. Most countries don't have all these luxuries and distractions. The kids just go to school, come home and study...

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Speaking of cat traps, and why not?  Season 4 episode 4 of Ancient Aliens---Natural disasters in the ancient world, including volcanic eruptions, earthquakes, floods, and meteor strikes may have originated with the meddling of celestial beings.

I'd like to be able to give you an answer in one sentence, they may have or they may not of, so, in conclusion, not that these things are still happening, but they have for about 50 trillion year's, so something had to make 'em…. and it probably started or leveled out after a good cup of coffee

• Like 2

9 hours ago, oldtimer said:

The economic basis which is also obvious.  You know that time that some yearn for a return to because they think it was great?  That was a time of greater union participation when supporting a family and building equity was possible with a good paying job with benefits.

It was also a time when a color TV would run you a whole month's income.  Opening up to foreign imports allowed the exploitation of workers in other nations, thus benefiting American consumers at the check-out lines enormously.  Union members were blamed for the unwillingness to work under such conditions.  We can't have it both ways.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

It's not the unions.  It's not the teachers.  It's not the government. It's the parents not teaching respect for authority and overall not teaching their children how to be good human beings. 

My Mom always said she tried and tried but her children all ended up being human beings anyway:)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3