Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

6 minutes ago, rplace said:

That is great Gary @Tigerman. If you left a message then he has to have phone service at least. Good news!

I'm not so sure about that.  I seem to remember (years ago when I had a land line) that the recording mechanism was actually stored in the phone company's hard drive somehow.  It was similar to how the cell phones store messages. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I'm not so sure about that.  I seem to remember (years ago when I had a land line) that the recording mechanism was actually stored in the phone company's hard drive somehow.  It was similar to how the cell phones store messages. 

True if you have a VOIP or some other non-traditional land line. I actually have that because I have an all in one cellular/Internet appliance that converts to a standard line for old modular jack phones. I may have incorrectly assumed since Gary said answering machine and not voice mail it was an old skool land line with nothing special. Since he does not have a cell phone I was going with old school. Entirely possible he has a bundled  service with voice/phone/cable in which it could be Voice Mail. Semantics I guess but a distinct difference between answering machine and VM.

EDIT: Before Mike gives us 57 links with 6" pictures each and makes this page unreadable :P;) One of my favorite Replacements songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4QYJG8AxSw

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, rplace said:

EDIT: Before Mike gives us 57 links with 6" pictures each and makes this page unreadable :P;) One of my favorite Replacements songs

And then requotes himself to repeat all the pictures, twice. :o

But he means well.......bless his heart. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, rplace said:

True if you have a VOIP or some other non-traditional land line. I actually have that because I have an all in one cellular/Internet appliance that converts to a standard line for old modular jack phones. I may have incorrectly assumed since Gary said answering machine and not voice mail it was an old skool land line with nothing special. Since he does not have a cell phone I was going with old school. Entirely possible he has a bundled  service with voice/phone/cable in which it could be Voice Mail. Semantics I guess but a distinct difference between answering machine and VM.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, rplace said:

Before Mike gives us 57 links with 6" pictures each and makes this page unreadable :P;) One of my favorite Replacements songs

51 minutes ago, dtel said:

And then requotes himself to repeat all the pictures, twice. :o

But he means well.......bless his heart:lol:

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Hahaha

14 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

• Haha 2

Yea, this is for you guys too...  @dtel???  It truly IS a slippery slope!!

SCHIIIIIIIT!  I'm pretty much amazed at what happened today so far.  Mani delivered by FedEx's driver who lugged the PrimaLuna in for me.  Promised him lighter days then and so far so good.  Ha!  30 minutes later (if that) I was up and running.  Dipsticks set right?  Check!  Cables right?  Check!  Power ON before hitting the amp?  Check!  All plugged in?  Check!  Dust cover off?  Check! OK now what in the H@&L do I play?  I seriously just STOOD there looking TOTALLY stupid!  My first system was in the late 60's or so and I ran ESS Heil speakers (Beatles something),  early 80's it was Infinity Reference Standards (The Wall was just released), now FINALLY followed my first love La Scala's and PrimaLuna tubes?  Yea, ok...  They ALL say tubes are the Schiit's so let's see...  Walked over and pulled the FIRST album that laid there calling my name on top of the pile I've been sorting...  Don Henly "Building the Perfect Beast" cause I thought Sunset Grill should sound great...  Dropped the Karma cartridge on the Linn, turned up the volume and flopped on the couches sweet spot...  Yea, sports fans the old guys jaw totally dropped!  One side was enough so then grabbed Phil Collins, amazed then it was time to break out the #1 LP on the planet forever...  No not Moby Grape but Floyd's Dark Side...  Just finished a Magical Mystery Tour, which it has been...  Now it's Tedeschi Trucks "Revelator" side 1 w/"Midnite in Harlem" on it...Don't worry @Deang I'm being good to those sweet networks you built me.  You tolerated my insanity so well and I've honestly tried to be a good listener!  lolol   Good God guys I don't know where to start with the Thank You's!  Blessed to call you ALL my friends!   BTW Susan Tedeschi has a voice....  Yay me and Thank You ALL again!  :)

IMG_20180919_105135325.jpg