Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Cables, Coffee, and Cocktails .  

1. needed a 14" cable tie today, was looking for one 3/8" wide, settled on rope...
  2. Coffee - 3 cup's, rinsed the pot, swore I'd never buy that brand again, gotta do that for about another month till it's used up....
  3. Cocktail's - check yes - one large Jose Cuervo blue agave margarita for lunch
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Finally....a break from the heat. High today of 64, low of 50 tonight. 

Yup, at some point tonite I'm gonna sleep like baby Jesus!  Think I'll change the crusty sheets and fire up the electric blankie since a beautiful young wench isn't gonna be in the cards either!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, KROCK said:

rMornin, Happy Saturday!

Now your right since it's not really morning anymore, extremely happy morning people are aggravating.  Not saying you were

Everybody around me knows they can skip the big goodmorning :pwk_bs: thing, and just let me wake up and drink coffee, they can take there excessive cheer for early mornings somewhere else, it's wasted on me. 

------

old person

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, KROCK said:

Tarheel, Hows it going?

Okay my friend.....just a little weary from the storm and clean up at two houses.  Tackled the road to get to my house with a pitch fork and then a blower.....looks much better!  Wanted to do it before we get more rain.  Can travel on it in the Z4 now.

The tab for LF's tree clean up was $9700.  Now the roof (minor), fence, and gutters to be repaired.  $4500 deductible. 

Now that I can get to my house I will have to hire some help with my clean up.  Got up on the roof (1.5 stories) and dragged limbs off and used the blower on it. 

Neighbors pier on the creek washed away with the surge.  Lot of frayed nerves in the hood!

Going to a steak house for a friends birthday tonight so a steak and some drinks should mellow me out some☺️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, dtel said:

Now your right since it's not really morning anymore, extremely happy morning people are aggravating.  Not saying you were

Everybody around me knows they can skip the big goodmorning :pwk_bs: thing, and just let me wake up and drink coffee, they can take there excessive cheer for early mornings somewhere else, it's wasted on me. 

------

old person

But don't call him surly...

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Okay my friend.....just a little weary from the storm and clean up at two houses.  Tackled the road to get to my house with a pitch fork and then a blower.....looks much better!  Wanted to do it before we get more rain.  Can travel on it in the Z4 now.

The tab for LF's tree clean up was $9700.  Now the roof (minor), fence, and gutters to be repaired.  $4500 deductible. 

Now that I can get to my house I will have to hire some help with my clean up.  Got up on the roof (1.5 stories) and dragged limbs off and used the blower on it. 

Neighbors pier on the creek washed away with the surge.  Lot of frayed nerves in the hood!

Going to a steak house for a friends birthday tonight so a steak and some drinks should mellow me out some☺️

I wish I lived closer.  I'd be happy to help.

I stared my next home project today. It's my garage.  I can see this one taking many months especially at the rate I work and the free time I have.  I'm gutting it to the studs then having spray insulation applied to the walls and underside of the roof.  I'll most likely go back with osb as opposed to sheet rock.  It'll then get ac, new cabinets and epoxy on the floor.  It's way past due.

20180922_143421.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I've already installed 2 layers of half inch Styrofoam  foil backed insulation to the door.

I know that makes a big difference especially if you get that late afternoon direct sunshine on the garage door!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

I know that makes a big difference especially if you get that late afternoon direct sunshine on the garage door!

Absolutely.   This will be used more for keeping the cool in once the ac is installed.   There's a car port in front of the door that shades it from the sun.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Only garage I was lucky to have was when I got the `94 9C1 from the junkyard in Mims. Spent a lot of time in there cleaning, grinding, drilling and painting. The garage door faced due west just south of Cape Canaveral. Talk about the effects of radiant heat on display for anyone to experience!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1