Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, windashine said:

63 Pontiac Tempest convertible

wow.  I mean - look at the 63 Tempest, and a close relative, the GTO.  (for me:  ugh.  ick.)  but look what the GM & PMD folks were working on when those were rolling out.  by that, I mean flashback & compare the look of the 63s to the 64s - wowza!  (just sayin')

64 GTO.jpg

• Like 3

When I see those pics of the Buick and `64 Goat I think of a friends late 60s Caprice convertible, very similar bodys.

Then the `65 GTO, have you ever been in a big boat-rocket that would handle as well from that era? Screaming fast, only cars faster than that I've been in were a 350 Vega and an absolute scary 302 MGB:wacko2:

That Garnet? I think is my favorite red, even better than GM's Brandywine from back then!

image.jpg

Believe that's it, it would have to be a hot sunny day for it to look like that outside though.

• Like 3

beautiful car, those Z-28s.  I don't guess there has ever been a Z-28 I don't like.  so much so I'm not sure I can pick a fave year, or even a fave style.  I do really like the new tech they put in 'em nowadays tho.  while since superseded, my fave might be the return of the ZL-1 in 2012 - C & D reviewed here

and no, I've never ridden in anything on the street that's really fast or powerful.  (I did ride in one of those NASCAR ride-alongs @ Talladega where they said we hit about 175.  now THAT WAS a blast!)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Davis said:

I was never impressed with the 389 Pontiac engine.

that's cool.

while I've seen a few in person & have read about them I guess all my life - I am.  what's not to impress from 389 ci with 3 deuces on top of it just itching for a fight, lol?

• Like 3