Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

4 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Student loans?  I'm thankful I was done when those started.  My youngest...  I have NO IDEA how that's gonna transpire! If your wife does have any extra you can send it this way though!  Easy peasy unloading those tough guy!    :)  

she just pleads hardship

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

anyone have experience with RainX? I suspect it was applied to the windshield of this Nissan. Wipers clean the water off good... except for a film that glares. I had to drive thru some rain and it was a pita. Couldn't see for dookie.

Was thinking of cleaning it with straight vinegar.. I presume it is some kind of silicone. Alcohol would be option #2

Wife drew a wtf look from me when she asked if I had the Scalas unloaded after being up all night and behind the wheel at 2AM and driving for 12 hours...

I have a serious feeling they are going to go into the doghouse... She doesn't appreciate music the way I do.

rainx:mad:

HATE that stuff, going down the highway the rain will bead on the windshield instead of rolling off, even between the wipers. Bought a used car with that all over it once. Might as well wax your glass, it would be the same result.

Denatured alcohol will take it off, but be very careful it will eat the wax off the paint. Heck it might eat the clearcoat and paint....they use latex enamel on cars now right?

If lacquer is outlawed they must. I hit every auto parts store from Titusville to Tampa several different routes to find enough black lacquer to re-paint the wheels on my 9C1 and put a couple coats of clear on top back in 2002.

Denatured alcohol is what's used to clean up dried latex paint, or to test if what's on your woodwork is latex or oil based. I've had to use it on our glass before I butchered that maple tree over the back porch, it was putting syrup on the car twice a year, that stuff on the glass looks like a million rainbows in the sunshine.

By the way, glad you made it back safe & with the loot from your adventure!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WillyBob said:

anyone have experience with RainX? I suspect it was applied to the windshield of this Nissan. Wipers clean the water off good... except for a film that glares. I had to drive thru some rain and it was a pita. Couldn't see for dookie.

Was thinking of cleaning it with straight vinegar.. I presume it is some kind of silicone. Alcohol would be option #2

Wife drew a wtf look from me when she asked if I had the Scalas unloaded after being up all night and behind the wheel at 2AM and driving for 12 hours...

I have a serious feeling they are going to go into the doghouse... She doesn't appreciate music the way I do.

talking motors

you folks seen a pre EFI 90HP Honda outboard? It's an Accord block with 4 carbs. I suppose is has more torque than the car motor. I haven't seen the specs to compare them. Marine motors tend to rate fuel consumption be gallons/hour. But, if your car gets 15mpg is consumes 4gallon/hour.

Bon Ami powder should make that windshield look like new.

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, WillyBob said:

A little experience, it was as bad as yours ,never again, it took forever to wear off.  Glad your back home.

• Like 2

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I've driven a few early 90s Alfas....the Spider was a fun little car, but the 164 would move nicely.

I remember the Spider, my favorite car out of all of them was a Datsun 2000, 1969. Bought it from a girlfriends dad, he was in the SCCA racing thing. 

2093 pounds  with a 120 ci, 135 Hp OHC with 5 speed, 2 1 barrel carbs and headers from the factory. But the best part was how much fun it was to drive, you had to use the seatbelts or you would slide out the seats in turns, I should have never sold it. 

Not my car in pic, stock pics, I only have one pic of this car left and it's from 1975 and may not photograph well.

21e81193f523d6854617720fd176c8ab.jpg

Datsun_2000_Qld_4.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, dtel said:

I remember the Spider, my favorite car out of all of them was a Datsun 2000, 1969. Bought it from a girlfriends dad, he was in the SCCA racing thing. 

2093 pounds  with a 120 ci, 135 Hp OHC with 5 speed, 2 1 barrel carbs and headers from the factory. But the best part was how much fun it was to drive, you had to use the seatbelts or you would slide out the seats in turns, I should have never sold it. 

Not my car in pic, stock pics, I only have one pic of this car left and it's from 1975 and may not photograph well.

21e81193f523d6854617720fd176c8ab.jpg

Datsun_2000_Qld_4.jpg

1969 Datsun 2000 for sale near LaVergne, Tennessee 37086

1969 Datsun 2000 for sale 101031309

$29,995

LaVergne, TN
2000cc · 45,956 miles
This is the Datsun that established the company (now Nissan) as a racing force to be reckoned with. This little car is a blast to drive! Paul Newman started his racing career driving one of these and they went on to dominate SCCA racing for years in both C and D production classes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

1969 Datsun 2000 for sale near LaVergne, Tennessee 37086

1969 Datsun 2000 for sale 101031309

$29,995

LaVergne, TN
2000cc · 45,956 miles
This is the Datsun that established the company (now Nissan) as a racing force to be reckoned with. This little car is a blast to drive! Paul Newman started his racing career driving one of these and they went on to dominate SCCA racing for years in both C and D production classes.

Chucks next bubble....

15 hours ago, USNRET said:

Wow10%!

1.5% was standard here.

teachers [here] are at the bottom of the national pay scale. Red For Ed protests got them the 10% with a "promise" of 5% next year and the year after. .

SCALAS IN DA HOUSE!!!! Pissing off the neighbors right now.  They do not sound tinny or shrill at all. I off loaded them myself w/o damaging the car or speakers.

@jimjimbo

thanks

the right stuff and in my price range.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

teachers [here] are at the bottom of the national pay scale. Red For Ed protests got them the 10% with a "promise" of 5% next year and the year after. .

SCALAS IN DA HOUSE!!!! Pissing off the neighbors right now.  They do not sound tinny or shrill at all. I off loaded them myself w/o damaging the car or speakers.

@jimjimbo

thanks

the right stuff and in my price range.

Would have liked to have seen you while you were in the area.

• Like 3

sorry Jim.

The two weeks just blew by. I didn't even see all my family up there. I missed a couple nieces and their kids.

I'm still amazed the Scalas fit in the little car.  It is smaller than a Kia Sol.  They filled the whole cargo area, from the drivers seat to the back window. The MDF ones would not have. That inch extra would have been too big. I barely squeezed the receiver in with them

I can't complain about the weather. It was perfect... except for the last few days of cooler weather. .

I had very limited access to a computer. The couple posts I made were from an i-pad. Had to have my sister help me. I am techno-challenged. I am proud to say I can barely operate a flip-phone to answer and make calls.. Never mind texting.  My friends call me a Luddite

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, windashine said:

I have the 4.8 - it's about 327 ci - that's all I could find when I was looking, considering the prices, my civic was totaled out front of my house overnight after Christmas a couple of year's ago.  I got the lowest mile truck I could find based on my insurance check.  The first month I had it, the PRNDL light disappeared, that first spring, I got hit with hail, over the summer, the a/c diverted valve went haywire, I went to see a movie and someone stole my JVC radio I had installed, the tailgate handle broke once lol... it's an extended cab, one of those door handles broke too, alternator went out once, water pump expired, had to get a new serpentine belt too, both heater core line's started leaking at the firewall, glove box handle broke, when I had it re-painted for a hail claim, it looked like a new truck, then I found three door dings in the passenger door, down to the primer lol, oh yeah, I replaced the battery, put a new windshield washer bottle in there with a new pump, had my driver seat reupholstered, and the trailer hitch fell off last week, I think someone tried to steel it, and left one bolt.  now this dang engine light... I'm going to find out why it's knocking before I replace the sensor.  I found the leaking heater hoses after I got a code on the dash light saying my number 8 coil was out.  Thank Heavens Auto Zone read's the codes for free, but I won't buy another part again without taking the expired part off first, because that drip leak made the new coil go out.  I'm pretty sure something else will break soon, but it still feel's like a new truck to me, I like working on old chevy's.  Oh yeah, I didn't like my Silverado sitting lower than my neighbors F-150, so I found a 2 inch front lift kit.  I returned to the shop and had them remove the dang things, because it was weird bouncing down the street.  Ended up buying new shocks too, kept those.  I drive carefully.

I would of rather had a 5.3, but read where the 4.8 had the same bore, just a shorter stroke...

I have a 2006 Silverado 4x4 with the 4.8, pretty good engine. I better knock on wood, but I haven't had much go wrong with this truck, I bought it new, and it has 240k on the clock!

• Like 4