Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

Wife threw my for a loop... she likes the Scalas.  Even the looks.

Well that a good thing for sure, you did say she was smart, see it's true. :laugh:

It just might be just the difference, she is use to looking at tall thin things and short fat ones are a nice change ? :ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

she noticed the sound diff. I was in the shower, stereo loud enough to hear, when she got home. She commented about them sounding better. All I could say was, "That was the whole object of this exercise".

somewhere, she got the idea I spent 2K on the gear. Had to correct her with, "That was what I had budgeted for this"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

My wife Julia, a juvenile diabetic, passed away in 2010.  She underwent three organ transplants and then suffered a heart attack.  Heart surgery was successful but she never recovered.  October 9th, 2010 as I drove home from Duke was the worse day of my life.

Life goes on and I have a LF and a new dog.......but Julia was special......missing her today.

I can certainly understand, Chuck. Thinking of you tonight.

Bruce

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

she noticed the sound diff. I was in the shower, stereo loud enough to hear, when she got home. She commented about them sounding better. All I could say was, "That was the whole object of this exercise".

somewhere, she got the idea I spent 2K on the gear. Had to correct her with, "That was what I had budgeted for this"

It actually cost alot more, gas, and anything along the road, new car, possible verbal beating from messing up the new car or when she seen the size of them. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, dtel said:

It actually cost alot more, gas, and anything along the road, new car, possible verbal beating from messing up the new car or when she seen the size of them. 

All he has to tell her is it's hard to put a price on a family vacation getaway 😀

• Haha 4

there was a price to pay when i got home.   I was amazed at the things I had to fix.  Still catching up on those. I am the grease that keeps the wheels turning around here.

Wife looked at me funny when I asked her  how she liked the "new tables" as they were in operation when she got home from work. She used my other speakers as catch alls. I am truly surprised at her noticing the difference in sound quality.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

rather refreshing to be able to adjust tone control w/o going thru a rat maze  in these new amps. The Scalas sound sweet with the H/K. I did run them on the Sony for a minute.

I am one happy camper. Can't speak for the neighbors. lol

Glad you got them home!  Also nice your wife can appreciated them just as much as you do!  Neighbors here?  WHAT neighbors  I haven't had any negative comments from mine.  Yet!  Crank 'em up and GO!  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@Tarheel - same here.  I just don't know what to say except thinking of you, and wishing could do something for you sir.  I haven't been there so I can't say I know what it's like, not gonna pretend to know.  in our thoughts & prayers, and wishing you better days beginning today

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

I used to work in a shipping dept. Pretty good at stuffing 2 lb in a 1 lb box

Well if you ever needed a job you could go into young ladies clothing department and work in sales, they all seem to try to put 2 pounds into a one pound container.

Glad it all fit, it doesn't get much closer than that, and a safe trip and the wife likes them,  great job.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5