Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Shiva said:

They have a cool vibe and a chick playing bass, which I always find interesting.

Nice, a different sound but it's their thing, listened to a couple of their other songs and they all are similar. 

Noticed they have close to the same haircut, not that it matters, just strange..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, dtel said:

I know I am odd but it looks like alot of work to me. 

It is but some things are worth the wait. It takes me longer to drag everything out, make it and clean up then it does to drink one cup. I'm trying to get my wife hooked on afternoon coffee but she won't bite just yet.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

So true.  I've been neglecting mine as of latte.

Fixed that for ya.

I go back and forth. Seems like I don't make them for a while then I get some good beans, whole milk and have espresso in the AM and a milk drink around 1-2PM. I really seem to like those afternoon drinks. Not sure why I don't do it more often. Perhaps it has to do with the weather getting cooler in the fall. Having local milk that does not keep long vs the big supermarket store stuff seems to give me some urgency. Its like I can hear the clock ticking in the fridge saying you better make a coffee or I'll go bad on you!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Buy it.  That car is you.

That does not even come close...

you should of seen my Colt Vista wagon ...

every panel smashed , no exhaust...

Bad fly wheel... Had to start like Fred

Flintstone...

Local pd would not pull me over...

just drove by me shaking their heads...

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Shiva said:

Though, I don't usually listen to music during morning coffee, landed on this group for the first time today and am letting it play on. They have a cool vibe and a chick playing bass, which I always find interesting.   Kruangbin.

Math teacher turned bassist

Laura Lee

Khruangbin : News Photo

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, rplace said:

It takes me longer to drag everything out, make it and clean up then it does to drink one cup. 

That's kind of what I was thinking, it's not like your going to drink a few cups. But if you did it would be nothing to clean up, along with most of the house before the crash. :blink:

The wife having one would make it a little better, and yes it would be great in the evening. 

15 minutes ago, dtel said:

That's kind of what I was thinking, it's not like your going to drink a few cups.

when I sit down for coffee/latte/whatever, it is for several cups. Even the Aussie  "Merican" cup. The more stuff you put in it, makes it food. And then coffee becomes a meal. lol

After I set the Scalas, had to rearrange some furniture. Noticed my marble top table top was cockeyed/sagging. Lifted the top off. 'Bout hurt myself.  I must weigh close to 50b. Setting it down was the bear. This table belonged to my great grandmother. 100 years old, I guess. To my surprise, the board holding up that side of the top was simply bowed. Maybe I'll figure something out on how to reverse that... w/o destroying it in the process.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

My Bunn is so easy, it's spoiled me.

Well get off of it and go build a sub, you need more people wanting them, within driving distance, they would not ship easily.

• Like 1

Wow!    Just smoke the joint and get it over with!

Love the antifreeze colored Gatorade, but that wine did come from a lab didn't it?

I haven't partaken in decades but damn that's as bad as garlic in everything `cause it's good for your heart, sugar in everything for God knows what reason.

It's cauliflower around here now in things that used to just have flour in them, just semolina thank you for the good pasta! 

If there's ever any leftover coffee in the pm I'd put milk in it or ice cream and then nuke it `till it foams up. 

Hey @oldtimer yes the TSx220s that have a sound signature similar to Heresy II without the bass slam. With lower bass & sound very real and rich like the analog in the other room now.

With credits and a customer appreciation something or another got this little amp with dual toroidal transformers for < half of what it's listed at.

Someone there empathized with getting the wrong thing sent twice and possibly wanted to entice me to re-up my prime in Feb. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JohnJ said:

It's cauliflower around here now in things that used to just have flour in them, just semolina thank you for the good pasta! 

Same here, tried the cauliflower pizza dough and bread. I like them but it's is not even close enough to trick my brain into thinking it's any type of dough, but good.

I really do like the taste, you just have to be careful how much you eat, it seems to be much richer than bread/dough. I tried both methods after processing into the correct size I just squeezed the water out and mixed with the other ingredients and the other way of cooking in a pan to remove the liquid. No big difference to me in the end.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rplace said:

It is but some things are worth the wait. It takes me longer to drag everything out, make it and clean up then it does to drink one cup. I'm trying to get my wife hooked on afternoon coffee but she won't bite just yet.

Look at that nice crema on top. 👍

• Thanks 1

my neighbor got an "introduction" to the Scalas this afternoon.  I had me a bit of a "spirited listening session"... I love that phrase. lol  Pushed them to the drums inducing a false heartbeat

I don't quite know what to say beyond, "WOW!"

• Like 3
  • Haha 3