Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

I thought about that, considered welding it. The only problem was I go on back roads to my sister's house to cut her grass about 2-3 miles from here and if it were to break again I would be stuck on the road with no way to steer.  If it would have been just around our yard I could just leave it sit where it broke as I did at my sister's house. Plus the wife looked at me like I was crazy for thinking about welding it. Except for regular maintenance this is the first thing to ever break, bought it new and it's 13 years old now and has almost 1000 hours, I fully expect it to outlast me.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, windashine said:

I'm working on the right channel of my 83 Hersey today... just figured I'd post something related to cable's in lieu of starting a symposium on another bad cup of my mr. mcCafe

DSC01866 (2).JPG

You did not learn from the first time..

Mccrapcafe

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, dirtmudd said:

You did not learn from the first time..

Mccrapcafe

lol, just can't stand to throw it out, but fixin' on moving it to the oil storage tub after my next payday....

like Always drink upstream from the herd, never look straight up at a bird, when you get bucked off... get back on, and don't squat with yer spurs on!

DSC01869 (3).JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Am I allowed to gush about the Scalas again/more? Too bad.  Don't think I will NEED to buy any more speakers. Operative word  "NEED". 

I see what y'all mean about good recordings really shining. They don't make them sound better. They let them ...

junk stereo makes all things sound equally bad, relatively.

• Like 5

I will ... eventually.

To say that we live in a humble home would be a gross understatement.  I had to cut a travel trailer out of the middle of the house. This home was built around it.  I am in the process of gutting and rebuilding the whole place. When we opened the walls to run new wiring - no grounded outlets, we found zero insulation. Needed roof work. The previous owned did some "repairs"... all cosmetic, and needed to be taken down to make real improvements.

Heard that the old lady, that built the place, was given to squirreling cans in the walls. None found yet. Did come across a pair of wire pliers. No cans of $$$ so far.

I was trying to retire. I tease about us buying me a job ... a career position.

• Like 3

I have one wall that is almost presentable ... errr .. close to finished. Enough for a snippet to look OK. lol

Have my [glass] carafe of coffee sitting on the floor. That is where we sit.... in front of the fireplace....

This goofy kitten is noticing the coffee sloshing around in it.   And compounding it.

"Help" is on the way.  Her brother is awake now. Now, they are pulling stuff off the shelves. 

Can't wait for them to help the wife, when she does report cards, and there are piles of papers all over the house.

• Haha 1

I went to the Fleetwood Mac show in Tulsa Wednesday night.  It was the first show of their 2018 North American Tour.  Overall, it was a good show.  Mike Campbell and Neil Finn did a decent job.  The first song of the encore was a tribute to Tom Petty with Free Fallin'.

Here's the setlist:  https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/fleetwood-mac/2018/bok-center-tulsa-ok-1be905bc.html

Does anyone have any idea what these speakers are?

FMacSpeakers.GIF

• Like 3

6 hours ago, WillyBob said:

@Opus

That is what my sister was telling that she had seen at a recent show. She drew a bunch of ??? from me

Mentioned the system being advertised, got second billing.

a link... not affiliated

https://www.prosoundweb.com/channels/live-sound/on_with_the_show/

They do appear to be Claire arrays.  The article you linked has a picture of the setup for the 2015 tour.  They had a different configuration in Tulsa for this tour.  It sounded good.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Opus said:

They do appear to be Claire arrays.  The article you linked has a picture of the setup for the 2015 tour.  They had a different configuration in Tulsa for this tour.  It sounded good.

Yea that article talked about Buckingham's setup, and he isn't touring with them right now. Must be older.

• Like 4