Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

the cat with its face in to cuppa looks like one of our kittens. She will drink your coffee. They think I'm their momma. Whatever I am eating/drinking, they want.

They didn't know chicken was food until I waved a piece in front of them for/to eat.

wife is "off work" ... well, no school, this coming week. Fall break.  She's sposed to do grade cards. But, is talking going to her sister's, in Tucson, for a few days.  I don't see grade cards getting done, if that happens. I did the math. 3 days in the city and 4 days babysitting the granddaughter.... and 3 days doing report cards...

got a pot of Mexican going. Good stuff

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

It's cool and ever so slightly wet. Caught a few drops. Enough to make spots on the windshield.

If the ripple in the jet stream moves your way, expect some hearty storms. Been a good day to hang indoors. We take our good weather for granted and simply do not go out when it's not nice.

I have seen Arizona Dept of Trans running "safety around snowplows" PSAs since Sept.  Pima County only has one snowplow.... and it is on top of Mt Lemmon. If it snows down here.... we wait for it to melt. By noon, mostly

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

It's cool and ever so slightly wet. Caught a few drops. Enough to make spots on the windshield.

If the ripple in the jet stream moves your way, expect some hearty storms. Been a good day to hang indoors. We take our good weather for granted and simply do not go out when it's not nice.

I have seen Arizona Dept of Trans running "safety around snowplows" PSAs since Sept.  Pima County only has one snowplow.... and it is on top of Mt Lemmon. If it snows down here.... we wait for it to melt. By noon, mostly

My wife and daughter just flew out to San Antonio today, it's warmer here than there. Warm here tomorrow, then cooling off more each day till a low in the 30s next weekend ☹️

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I look forward to a reduced utility bill, this coming winter, I tried a handful of gimmicks to hold the Texas heat away for the past two summers... an extra 10 inches of blown-in insulation, a metallic ceramic thing spray-on radiant barrier to the underside of my roof, extra thermostatic powered attic vents, and finally a new roof (after 20 year's) and replaced the rest of the of the soffits and under eave vents and siding up top, caulked it all real good, three coats of paint with primer, removed the chimney from my wood burning fireplace, ripped it out... and plugged the cavity and only saved about $100 a month over the last few year's for the sake of comparisons... it seems like everything I tried would be more in line with wearing a heavier coat (for my house) ….

at least I have a remote for my new electric led fireplace now lol.... and a cheap new mr coffee maker...

IMG_0526.jpg

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

My wife and daughter just flew out to San Antonio today, it's warmer here than there. Warm here tomorrow, then cooling off more each day till a low in the 30s next weekend ☹️

Turned on the ac.....yesterday

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, windashine said:

I look forward to a reduced utility bill, this coming winter, I tried a handful of gimmicks to hold the Texas heat away for the past two summers... an extra 10 inches of blown-in insulation, a metallic ceramic thing spray-on radiant barrier to the underside of my roof, extra thermostatic powered attic vents, and finally a new roof (after 20 year's) and replaced the rest of the of the soffits and under eave vents and siding up top, caulked it all real good, three coats of paint with primer, removed the chimney from my wood burning fireplace, ripped it out... and plugged the cavity and only saved about $100 a month over the last few year's for the sake of comparisons... it seems like everything I tried would be more in line with wearing a heavier coat (for my house) ….

at least I have a remote for my new electric led fireplace now lol.... and a cheap new mr coffee maker...

IMG_0526.jpg

The best thing I did in Texas was getting an efficient heating and air system and a ridge vent roof.  Electricity bill is not a problem.  A few months out of the year for water however...different story.

• Like 2

fireplace is starting to look attractive. 40` this AM. It is our only heating for this place. We go thru about a cord thru the season.

Need to go to "town". Oil change. Some new wiper blades. Either these are contaminated with ArmorAll or something like that or they are RainX blades. When I washed the windshield with vinegar/water, you could see where the wipers run. A funny film of some sort.

Then I have some incidental stuff to get.

JB weld, pull chain for ceiling fan. Groceries. I am out of tomato products.  The WhiteElephant. Look at some furniture. See what they have. Retirement community. Can get some nice stuff, once in a while. See what is in their "music" area. Been 30 years since I bought any CDs. I could use some "new" selection. Otherwise, it's a trip to Tucson. To the "entertainment exchange". Used to be a used book/record store... Now, they have a whole bunch of things.

• Like 3

howdy page 2065... out of all the inventions in the past, risolene was my best find for an old chevy oil change fixer.... almost thinking about it once again for the LS vortex 4.8... chalking this up to mr mcCrap to get through by 2nd cup... nutin' like thinking about an oil change while peering into my coffee cup lol

Edited by windashine
lol, page number
  • Like 1

.. sitting here trying to count on my finger's, so I'm pretty sure that's the first time I ever used the word "peer" … I surely didn't want to be the first guy to confess looking into a cup of coffee... that venture is usually associated with tasting the grounds that got in there after the filter collapsing lol …. trying to make this an extra long post to outdo the china rhetoric... like figuring now, or praying it's gone, and we can discuss coat hanger antennas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

fireplace is starting to look attractive. 40` this AM. It is our only heating for this place. We go thru about a cord thru the season.

Need to go to "town". Oil change. Some new wiper blades. Either these are contaminated with ArmorAll or something like that or they are RainX blades. When I washed the windshield with vinegar/water, you could see where the wipers run. A funny film of some sort.

Then I have some incidental stuff to get.

JB weld, pull chain for ceiling fan. Groceries. I am out of tomato products.  The WhiteElephant. Look at some furniture. See what they have. Retirement community. Can get some nice stuff, once in a while. See what is in their "music" area. Been 30 years since I bought any CDs. I could use some "new" selection. Otherwise, it's a trip to Tucson. To the "entertainment exchange". Used to be a used book/record store... Now, they have a whole bunch of things.

I think I heard Bon Ami cleaner is good for cleaning the RainX stuff off a windshield. I hate that film residue.

It's nice having speakers with lots of detail, and hearing new things in the songs you've listened to forever.

• Like 2