Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

55 on the bus stop this morning with my coffee.... still in my shorts...

I keep wearing my shorts as long as I can cuz once I switch over to the long pants there's no turning back..

One of the sales guys that stops in my shop wears shorts all year!!! It'll be zero and he'll be in shorts. He's built like a fire hydrant.... his calf's are the size of my body!

MKP

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

it's warmer this AM... but wet. Doesn't look like it's gonna get much better/warmer. We forecast for about 3/4inch, thru the weekend.

I know when it's time to light the "furnace" when the pot of coffee gets cold before I drink it all. We're getting close. 

It does get "cold" here. Mostly an event that lasts an hour or 3. Then the sun comes up.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

55 on the bus stop this morning with my coffee.... still in my shorts...

I keep wearing my shorts as long as I can cuz once I switch over to the long pants there's no turning back..

One of the sales guys that stops in my shop wears shorts all year!!! It'll be zero and he'll be in shorts. He's built like a fire hydrant.... his calf's are the size of my body!

MKP

When I was in highschool in NY I played soccer many times in short pants while it snowed.  I've been in the south so long now that it needs to be in the 80's for me to even think about shorts.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

My kid sister and I were talking about our BIL. He passed Monday.

I didn't bring this up, it did cross my mind though ...

we think our sisters are killing their spouses.  So far 3 of 4 that married my sisters have died.... We are wondering how oldest sister's #1 is still kicking. He got out before it was too late?

yeah  ... we are an irreverent bunch

He got a good send off ... beer/baseball and a phattie

we plan to have a party for him next May .. at the beach.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Took a couple cans out for the G-men to pick up and a bit nipply here but not too bad.  Guess I'd better give the furnace the once over today!  Rough job but someone has to do it!  Day 2 sorting stacks of LP's getting things  back in alphabetical order.  Just another day closer to finishing the paint job in here!  Then hanging new Levolors, ripping out fluorescent light boxes above the picture window and installing new lighting.  ALWAYS  a challenge sucking up cat hair balls floating around too!  HAHAHA!   I think I'll make it!  Maybe!  Now back to the coffee.   😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, WillyBob said:

My kid sister and I were talking about our BIL. He passed Monday.

I didn't bring this up, it did cross my mind though ...

we think our sisters are killing their spouses.  So far 3 of 4 that married my sisters have died.... We are wondering how oldest sister's #1 is still kicking. He got out before it was too late?

yeah  ... we are an irreverent bunch

He got a good send off ... we plant to have a party for him next May .. at the beach.

hopefully you have figured out what lines not to cross by now.  else they might be including you memories of you in the celebration at the beach

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

When I was in highschool in NY I played soccer many times in short pants while it snowed.  I've been in the south so long now that it needs to be in the 80's for me to even think about shorts.

=== makes sense. You had more hair atop your head to keep the heat in. Now - well, ‘nuf said — 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, -js- said:

hopefully you have figured out what lines not to cross by now.  else they might be including you memories of you in the celebration at the beach

=== I believe that line to be the four LS for sale just down the road —? Buying them is simple - being able to listen afterward is a different story — 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, richieb said:

=== makes sense. You had more hair atop your head to keep the heat in. Now - well, ‘nuf said — 

You joke but you have no idea how true that is.  The day after I first shaved my head I couldn't believe how much cooler normal temperatures felt.  Now when I get cold I can put on a knit hat and it feels like I've put on a jacket.  There's a reason that hospitals immediately put a cap on newborns heads.  You can lose a lot of heat up there.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I notice a hair cut. I would crop it back to 1/2 inch and let it grow until ... Ya wanna wear a hat to keep the sun from cooking yer noodle, too. I would try to time the shearing to a temperate time of the year.

....on the local news this AM

There was a FIRE at Breakers WATER Park.

I don't make this stuff up.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, richieb said:

=== I believe that line to be the four LS for sale just down the road —? Buying them is simple - being able to listen afterward is a different story — 

well - not saying this would happen. but in some instances, it might.

if you had suffered immobilizing injuries -  ex:  broken leg, some head injuries, etc. - one could lie on the floor, the ground, etc. and still hear.  but critically listen?  yeah, maybe not.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

You joke but you have no idea how true that is.  The day after I first shaved my head I couldn't believe how much cooler normal temperatures felt.  Now when I get cold I can put on a knit hat and it feels like I've put on a jacket.  There's a reason that hospitals immediately put a cap on newborns heads.  You can lose a lot of heat up there.

Yea, you ever notice the steam coming out of a football players head, in the cold weather when they go over to the sideline and take off their helmets?

• Like 2

^^^ it must be nice.  but I must admit that on the weekends I do sometimes sleep in until 9.  I don't think I do that very often, but I did last weekend.  I had to work during a midnight maintenance window Thurs nite, didn't get home until 3 am Fri, so that threw things off schedule.

• Like 1

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, T2K said:

I've always wanted to try this coffee but I don't usually get up that early.

Wonder if they make a 10-11 coffee, it would be better, dark instead of medium of course. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

for me - ABSOLUTELY dark.  me likey the dark stuff.  this stuff they call breakfast blend - wtf is that?!?  that makes no sense to me.  why is the breakfast blend weaker than the 'normal' blend.  I do drink coffee cuz I like it, but I also drink it to get/keep me going.  that weak stuff is just a waste of time, effort, etc.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, babadono said:

Yea, you ever notice the steam coming out of a football players head, in the cold weather when they go over to the sideline and take off their helmets?

=== Eric - did you notice the steam coming from Carl’s bald head when he would loose count and overshake a “slushee”? Kinda like a motor had reached its limits — 

• Haha 3