Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
3 hours ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

I keep wearing my shorts as long as I can cuz once I switch over to the long pants there's no turning back..

Besides dress pants, I only have 2 pairs of jeans, shorts all year unless I will be outside all day. 

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

You joke but you have no idea how true that is.  The day after I first shaved my head I couldn't believe how much cooler normal temperatures felt.  Now when I get cold I can put on a knit hat and it feels like I've put on a jacket.  

Probably because of the size of your head.

4 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

64 here this morning and I'm looking for my jacket.

That's funny, I laughed at this news story from New Orleans this morning.

Fall has finally arrived in New Orleans, with Friday morning temperatures on the south shore in the 60s and in the 50s on the North Shore. Time to pull out your parkas, y'all.

It was the coolest night in New Orleans in five months, according to the National Weather Service office in Slidell. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My hair fell out when I was having chemo. Twice. In the winter my head was always cold. In the summer when I stepped out of the car into the sunlight almost immediately I could feel the sun burning my scalp. No big deal but I'm glad it's back.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, richieb said:

=== Eric - did you notice the steam coming from Carl’s bald when he would loose count and overshake a “slushee”? Kinda like a motor had reached its limits — 

Or when I was trying to have an intelligent conversation with Richie?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, babadono said:

Yea, you ever notice the steam coming out of a football players head, in the cold weather when they go over to the sideline and take off their helmets?

During a night football game Otis Sistrunk removed his helmet, which prompted Alex Karras to remark that Otis was from The University of Mars.

image.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Or when I was trying to have an intelligent conversation with Richie?

Is that even possible? I mean, I know you are intelligent but conversations are two way; thus both sides would have to be intelligent :cool:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, rplace said:

Is that even possible? I mean, I know you are intelligent but conversations are two way; thus both sides would have to be intelligent :cool:

=== very true. And I can say with authority one side held most the intelligence - (sshh - its me)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I went over to a friends house last night, actually his soon to be rent house.  He had some copper pipes that need to be soldered so I told him I'd swing by.  I've helped him with other projects in the past and I guess that he was feeling a little guilty so he bought me a bottle of vodka and gave it to me as I was leaving.  He knew I liked potato vodka so he bought me THIS.  I've never had it or even heard of it before but can't wait to try it.  Maybe this weekend or next week.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I went over to a friends house last night, actually his soon to be rent house.  He had some copper pipes that need to be soldered so I told him I'd swing by.  I've helped him with other projects in the past and I guess that he was feeling a little guilty so he bought me a bottle of vodka and gave it to me as I was leaving.  He knew I liked potato vodka so he bought me THIS.  I've never had it or even heard of it before but can't wait to try it.  Maybe this weekend or next week.

that first photo is one helluva bong.....

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, babadono said:

Yea, you ever notice the steam coming out of a football players head, in the cold weather when they go over to the sideline and take off their helmets?

I've had that happen to me more than once from just from working hard, and I have a full head of hair! My wife noticed it once and just about freaked out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Speaking of Mars,  since July 31st, it’s been as close as it’s been since 2003, and as close as it will be until 2035.  Here in Southeast Michigan, on the rare clear night,  it can be seen low in the southwest sky.  It looks red.  Go figure.

• Haha 2