Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

12 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Bless your heart.

Thank you sir, I invested $32 on the last bottle they had... I hope it's the correct issue... now thinking, what can I make with this, besides spiked hash browns.... tomorrow, of course... when 5:00 rolled around a little while ago, it was time to pull the dang red wrapper off a bottle of Makers Mark and put 4 oz in a glass full of ice...

DSC01880.JPG

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

No grill or smoker?  That seems extremely confusing.

Couldn't handle THAT.

Finishing off the pot o' Joe awaiting the sun so I can finish the painting chore. With possible re-location coming up the wife demanded a fresh interior and carpet.Took a week off to do her bidding. While replacing the a/c vents I found one flexible duct with what might be mold or mildew (coldest / dampest outlet); we'll see after a $750 test is performed Tuesday. I just can't wait to see price of remediation if positive for bad stuff.

Underwent a 2 hour inquisition on Thursday related to the position in Greece. Losing out on the Hazelwood Act (150 hours tuition and fees free) for my son's college if I depart Tejas will be costly so the employer would have to dip into the bank to make it worthwhile.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, windashine said:

Thank you sir, I invested $32 on the last bottle they had... I hope it's the correct issue... now thinking, what can I make with this, besides spiked hash browns.... tomorrow, of course... when 5:00 rolled around a little while ago, it was time to pull the dang red wrapper off a bottle of Makers Mark and put 4 oz in a glass full of ice...

I'll probably open mine tonight.  Yesterday was beer at an Octoberfest then outside tunes and bourbon once we got home.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, windashine said:

DSC01880.JPG

Interesting Khorn top hats!

* Is the wooden horn from the 50s?  or a Volti setup?

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

The folks not at church realized I like to get funky sometimes today.

Air was cool, couple of windows open to get the flounder smell out and Rufus came on:

@320 Mbps (McIntosh channel) it got cranked UP!

Memories..... She could belt it out, and the funk is heavy in this song!!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, JohnJ said:

The folks not at church realized I like to get funky sometimes today.

Air was cool, couple of windows open to get the flounder smell out and Rufus came on:

@320 Mbps (McIntosh channel) it got cranked UP!

Memories..... She could belt it out, and the funk is heavy in this song!!

If you want true respect crank out the Pfunk.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I don't need nuttin' but beef & potatos, coffee and shelter!

Actually saw them once when they had that spaceship show setup. George was a force.

Not the whole show but a good part of it back when the schools had been segregated for a while but most of life wasn't.

Folks were nice and the couple of songs I recognized they knew I couldn't dance worth a crap but I was diggin' it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@JohnJ - That's my 1954 Klipschorn with it's wooden K-5-J squawker... I have the cover off, just because I like looking at it, and I'm fixin' on thinking about something like diffusion panels and capacitors and angle's and tweeters and dust and cast woofers and screws that shine and potato vodka and not disturbing anything, but the neighbor's...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I wondered...... searched for khorns and saw that pretty wooden horn in a Volti version, then listed also as 50s standard. The veneer looks nice on those.

Have fun with that wodka, never liked it except with orange juice...

• Like 1

I haven't even opened the Woody Creek yet... never even bought a bottle of vodka that I can remember... I was reading about it, and it sounded good, and I thought at $32, being twice as expensive as everything else, it can't be that bad, then I read tonight, that the reserve edition is $90... what you're reading is from a guy that drink's canned beer lol, and I had to look up, wtf is Tarkus… so I'd figure that cap's gonna come off when I don't have to fix anything, soon...

• Like 2

Walked in the other day to get a bottle of Johnnie Walker Green Label Scotch (aged 15 years) then saw they took my advice and got some Blue label (aged 25 years).  They have both locked up, so the kid gets the key and I said, "Let's go w/the Blue."  Happy that they finally got it here in Ohio.  Kid rings it up, $238 a fifth...  Said, "Mmmmm nope, stick w/the Green @ $70."   Geez Louise!  Seriously???   

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Geez Louise!  Seriously???   

Oh yeaaa,

you've go to pay for the smooth stuff

Four Roses Single Barrel @ $43 is smooth, might not be as complex with flavors as that blue should be but a shot will give you something to think about for way less.               *Darn, I'm talking about bourbon and you about scotch, sorry.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1