Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
3 hours ago, WillyBob said:

I said that to a friend once, his response  ,"You don't do them any less, do you?" lol

I have "calmed down" a lot, too.

Age will do that to you, me being here proves I have slowed down.

It's all in my past now, like this post.

I don't think it's really quitting if you count it in hours.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

me too, dtel

I think it's my relaxed lifestyle that has benefited me.  The "Land of Manana" ain't so bad.  Hawaiian Time is making it an art form. Never really had any responsibilities beyond taking care of myself and keeping an eye on my folks... and then I got married. I waited a long time. At 52 I decided it would be nice to have someone to listen to me talk to myself....

Finished my domestics.

Settled in to a little BobMarley. Just relaxing. Playing fetch with the kitten... and the ball goes into the bass bin. And she went for it. This is the deaf one.  She does "sense" some things.  Still trying to figure her out.

• Haha 2

• Moderators
53 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

and then I got married. I waited a long time. At 52 I decided it would be nice to have someone to listen to me talk to myself....

Wow that's late, not that's it's a bad thing.

I got married at 21 she was 20, 11-11 will be 40 years, neither of can believe it, time passes when your planning what to do. But getting married save me, I would probably be dead by now if not.

56 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

Settled in to a little BobMarley. Just relaxing.

Legend is a good one from him, got it when it first came out.  love reggae music, always have, we went to a small concert venue with about 100 people to see Peter Tosh about 35 years ago. Also like Toots and Ziggy Marley, well a bunch of reggae bands, it's one of my favorites types of music. It didn't hurt to visit Jamaica either, going back in 2 weeks, ya mon.

Took this pic of an old Jamaican dude when there once, the real deal, 40 years since a haircut, he was funny. :smile:

conquest_12_2012-156-1.JPG

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, dtel said:

Legend is a good one from him, got it when it first came out.  love reggae music, always have, we went to a small concert venue with about 100 people to see Peter Tosh about 35 years ago. Also like Toots and Ziggy Marley, well a bunch of reggae bands, it's one of my favorites types of music. It didn't hurt to visit Jamaica either, going back in 2 weeks, ya mon.

Keep an eye out for Classic Albums, originally on VH1 I think but replayed on one of the other channels frequently. The Catch a Fire episode is really interesting. How the dude from Island records got Bob and the boys to be a household name. I really found it interesting. Now I listen to Catch a Fire in a whole different light.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I need to watch for that, thanks

I did see a documentary on Bob M once but it's been a long time, don't remember much of it.

Peter Tosh and Bunny Wailer formed the band that later  Bob Marley joined and helped make famous. 

• Moderators
15 hours ago, dtel said:

I need to watch for that, thanks

I did see a documentary on Bob M once but it's been a long time, don't remember much of it.

Peter Tosh and Bunny Wailer formed the band that later  Bob Marley joined and helped make famous. 

The Bob Marley documentary Who Shot the Sherrif is on Netflix right now, it's very good.

Very good background into Jamaica during the 70s, politics, etc.

• Like 3

On 10/17/2018 at 9:30 AM, Ceptorman said:

Whatsup Mark?

Just doing my thing...

The BOSS and I are wrapping her parents estate. It's been very tough on her. I feel helpless at times. So much red tape and :pwk_bs:... but we do have a fantastic real estate agent... never seen an agent do eveything she has done to help us.

got our 1st cord of wood delivered yesterday. Our neighbors( The young couple) hook us up for wood.

Yea it's getting cold.. 

Trying to get back into training and working on my Honda CRX....

Check back later...

MKP 🙂

• Like 3