Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Just doing my thing...

The BOSS and I are wrapping her parents estate. It's been very tough on her. I feel helpless at times. So much red tape and :pwk_bs:... but we do have a fantastic real estate agent... never seen an agent do eveything she has done to help us.

got our 1st cord of wood delivered yesterday. Our neighbors( The young couple) hook us up for wood.

Yea it's getting cold.. 

Trying to get back into training and working on my Honda CRX....

Check back later...

MKP 🙂

Yep....ole man winter will be here soon. 

When I first read your post I thought it said working on my CBX, I thought cool bike, then I noticed CRX.

• Like 3

• Moderators
3 hours ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Just doing my thing...

The BOSS and I are wrapping her parents estate. It's been very tough on her. I feel helpless at times. So much red tape and :pwk_bs:... but we do have a fantastic real estate agent... never seen an agent do eveything she has done to help us.

got our 1st cord of wood delivered yesterday. Our neighbors( The young couple) hook us up for wood.

Yea it's getting cold.. 

Trying to get back into training and working on my Honda CRX....

Check back later...

MKP 🙂

Tell the Boss were thinking about you two, it's alot to go through, losing her than all the BS that comes afterward.

Need to get more wood here also, in the next few weeks anyway, you get colder quicker than we do for sure. Wood burning heater, It's the only heat we have but plenty enough to run you out of here.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, dirtmudd said:

just in from work... 14 hours 

Now I'm having coffee..!

That's what is happy about it, it's alot better than just going to work for 14 hours even with coffee.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

that sounds like my wife. She WANTS a cup of coffee when she gets home. She claims the Folgr's is OK ... but, appreciates some good mud at home.

Been toying around with placement of the Scalas.. Any "static" settings for how far apart they should be,when the listening position is roughly 6 feet in front of the plane of the speaker fronts? Toe in plays into the equation, too. I can get them as close as 3 feet from a "corner" on a 25 foot wall. The room is narrow. 12 feet X 25 feet.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WillyBob said:

The room is narrow. 12 feet X 25 feet.

Sooooo, you're sitting 6' in front of them now and wanting slammed into the rear wall, which is 19' away?  Turn it UP and get back to us with the results!  Personally I think you can travel that far IF ya get a lil air current movin in that direction.  Just say NO to "wind shears!"  Remember though w/o pictures it didn't happen!  :)

• Haha 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Just say NO to "wind shears!

Funny you said that it reminded me of playing the yard speakers outside. I cranked it up and walked out to see how far I could go and still hear everything. I got to the side of the property which is 500' from where the speakers were and it sounded fine, you could hear everything.

Then the wind blew and 90% of the sound went away leaving only a little bass, I had never experienced this before. It was cool in a way, I guess the wind blew the sound waves off to the side or just disrupted them to leave no sound.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, dtel said:

Then the wind blew and 90% of the sound went away leaving only a little bass, I had never experienced this before. It was cool in a way, I guess the wind blew the sound waves off to the side or just disrupted them to leave no sound.

ALWAYS remember SAFETY FIRST in a 12' wide room!!!  😭 😂

• Haha 1

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

ALWAYS remember SAFETY FIRST in a 12' wide room!!!  😭 😂

And whatever you do don't slip with the volume knob, you really can scare yourself when not expecting it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, WillyBob said:

HaHaHa

I pushed it up to 1 o'clock.  That was plenty 

I think we will do that when the wife isn't around ... or for NewYears, 4th of July

Use Pink Floyd time... When you need to wake up your wife...

Turn it up to 2o'clock......

no it's time for some coffee

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

… it seems like, the original radio tuning knob was invented by a guy fascinated with a cable in a dry cleaners rotating bagged clothes system, so much so, that it evolved into a car wash drive through to use the technology further, once digital tuning evolved for radio's.... in the short course of topic's encountering trial and error, the never discussed method of "wrong" coffee was left to the guy IMO who thought a 12" servo dial for the volume under the chassis was the ticket, but what I would imagine, is that …. cocktails resolved more intricate details, eventually prompting the lottery....

^^^^^

=== by chance, were you sleep walking when you typed this? No way is this the rambling of a fully awake mind. Or maybe have a go at two of the three topics for this thread — knock down a cocktail or three followed with a large cup or four of heavy, thick black coffee. Might that bring some normalcy to the morning — or maybe wake up and read what you posted — 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

lol... that couldn't be the post at the top of the page could it …. I mean, like it's the nicest day I've seen in a while, but there's a paint brush waiting and there's a State Fair having it's last day, today... and there's a bucket list of wonder's awaiting us all... it's easy to see how a rotating sliding string (cable) aligns with the radio station faceplate, but impossible for the typist to see how a digital frequency indicator displays its' accuracy,  brilliantly...  but alas, wrong coffee, nope, jump to topic number three without crossing the penalty line... so essentially, volume was mentioned in the past, but without further ado, crank-it (one way or another) and with the end, as in how all things happen afterwards, a cocktail forth-coming...

but isn't page two necessary, as in reintegrating the building process plan's - Yes ! - but I regress till this garage project nears completion, for economical practicalities'...

• Haha 1

don't throw gas on the fire. lol

the thought has crossed my mind.  and/or a "gentle" rumble out of bed.

It irritates me... maybe because I cannot sleep in. 5AM is slept in for me. I don't stay up late, either. Usually in bed around 9. 10 is late.

Going thru this bag of ArivacaBlend fast.

think I better go see what wife is cutting down. I see her dragging branches to the brush pile

• Like 2
  • Haha 1