Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

8 hours ago, USNRET said:

First day in Nueces County early voting outpaces past midterm, presidential elections…..

Anticipating crowds, the Nueces County Elections Department stocked some of the most popular polling locations — such as the Dead and Hard of Hearing Center of Corpus Christi — with extra voting machines, said county clerk Kara Sands.

Letting dead people vote--I thought that was only in Chicago.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Speaking of strollers dtel..........

See I remember that story, or picture at least. :lol:

2 hours ago, babadono said:

Here we go again. Hard to overcook? As soon as they go from bright green to any other color they're overcooked. They go from a crispy, crunchy, bitter yet delectable flavor IMO to yucky slime.

Never had any other than bright green, guess I got lucky.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, babadono said:

OK I know I'm weird but I like BS as long as they're not overcooked. Still green and crispy. Escpecially with balsmic vinegar and EVO. The yellow greenish-brown mush that my Mom used to call BS, uh no thanks.

I like them also, but they must be crisp, and a little salt and pepper.

• Like 3

any question's - No ; any comments lol, Yes … o O (over easy on a lower flame) and (adjust the levelers under that oven to keep the yoke in the middle) and (make your toast while cooking bacon to let the butter melt while mixing a screwdriver) and (bacon packages should have a warning label about not surfing the internet while cooking, or one could forget what's sizzlin') and (don't buy McCrapee coffee) and (drive safely like there's a glass of water on the dashboard) O o …

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Coffee down the hatch, painting interior doors and
Smoking 40 pounds of Boston Butt* for the recreation committee sell of pulled pork sammiches

Apple cider brined overnight and the rub is on. I'll fire up the Rec Tec later for an 18 hour smoke

Pork.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, babadono said:

The yellow greenish-brown mush that my Mom used to call BS, uh no thanks.

canned asparagus....  ewwwww  

and our folks wondered why we didn't like it/them.

Never really appreciated until I got fresh.  

Snap peas never made it to the house. Cook 'em?  Whatever for?

People will very rarely see me buy veggies. Say I don't like ... Yes and no.  I won't eat garbage. Unfortunately, I have been around enough to know what vine ripened is. Kind of a veggie snob. lol

Rambling.... sorry.  I do that. All wound up and actually do have places to go. A trip to GreenValley to replace the frig chip key for this new car. Wife accidentally tossed it in the dumpster... Sheesh. Expensive trip to the dump. Not in a big hurry. Ace opens at 7 or 8, but, when the person who knows about programming the thing comes in??? The girl I talked to said ,"Almost all of us can cut a key".... I prefer the person that KNOWS. This is a $125 blank they're cutting up.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Speaking of strollers dtel..........

IMG_1542.JPG

she ain't got nothin' on the gal that scared me away from Safeway. I dunno, now... put her in a pair of flimsy white, loose fitting pants...

I was ready to follow her home.  That's what scared me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, USNRET said:

Here is the last cook with two on the smoker

Butt Cook.jpg

I have cooked essentially the same amount in my drum smoker (charcoal), at the same temps, and I have never had a cook longer than 13 hours to pull off at 195-198.  I wonder what is the main difference that would cause such as discrepancy in cook time?

• Like 2

• Moderators

Probably right, takes a while to even get room temp. 

I usually pull them at 203 but it seems every butt is different. A while back I was doing 4 butts and 3 took about 13 hours, the last one took 2 hours more. I have finished a few in the oven when they went over the 12-13 hours, they already had bark so the oven was just for convenience since it was getting late.

I usually do 4 since it takes so long, it does freeze very well.

I hear tell that after the stall you can crank the temperature up to finish a butt quicker. Also that due to lower smoke temp that one should not let them get to room temp due to bacterial growth. Steaks are different due to the high temp of grill. 

• Like 2