Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, MookieStl said:

On behalf of us "little people" everywhere: you gave up your little people card when you got Jubes.

Just sayin'!

=== not so. I’m still peoples, one of you. And let’s not forget that on more than one occasion I have offered to open the castle gates and allow crossing the moat for a Jube audition. You have yet to accept. But please, please, should you accept have your “I am a little people” card with you. It brings fond memories. Agreed that mine is long ago gone, the result of cresting the “I have quite a bit of cash and good taste” threshold. Signed - $Richie the $Rich 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, richieb said:

=== not so. I’m still peoples, one of you. And let’s not forget that on more than one occasion I have offered to open the castle gates and allow crossing the moat for a Jube audition. You have yet to accept. But please, please, should you accept have your “I am a little people” card with you. It brings fond memories. Agreed that mine is long ago gone, the result of cresting the “I have quite a bit of cash and good taste” threshold. Signed - $Richie the $Rich 

I thought it was $Richie $Rich 😀

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, babadono said:

I'm already older than my Dad was when he passed. So every day for me is a Blessing.

agreed, and I have done the same thing in already being older than my Dad.  he was taken from us too young.  had a massive stroke at 55, died of C at 57.  as I approached & passed the anniv of his death when I was 57, it was difficult.  I have been able to move on.  either we do or we don't.  hopefully we all are strong enough to pass most challenges given us.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

27 minutes ago, babadono said:

Is that JOE? I'm already older than my Dad was when he passed. So every day for me is a Blessing.

=== same for me. So much my Dad never had the chance to see, experience. Matter of fact one of the little buggers just showed up for an overnighter - he would have enjoyed this little guy —

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

A roofing company that put a 2'x4' tarp on LF's roof ridge sent an invoice for $750.  She was being too nice so I got on the phone.  He said he sent 4 people out and that I must not understand business.  I said maybe not but I do understand gouging.....it then got heated😑.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

My Dad was a member of the Greatest Generation. A kid in the roaring 20s, coming of age in the Great Depression, going to war in WWII. I can only barely comprehend the stress he lived with. Then all the shenanigans my sister,brother and I piled on top of that. Lost him to heart failure way too young at 62.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

A roofing company that put a 2'x4' tarp on LF's roof ridge sent an invoice for $750.  She was being too nice so I got on the phone.  He said he sent 4 people out and that I must not understand business.  I said maybe not but I do understand gouging.....it then got heated😑.

That's almost $100 a sq ft!!!  Give'em Hell @Tarheel

• Like 2

Sounds like he tried to take advantage of your friend maybe `cause it was a lady he was doing the work for? ..... and he was expecting her to be nice about it.......

From the description of the ten minute job for a max of two guys?

Hit em with both barrels!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, babadono said:

That's almost $100 a sq ft!!!  Give'em Hell @Tarheel

14 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Sounds like he tried to take advantage of your friend maybe `cause it was a lady he was doing the work for? ..... and he was expecting her to be nice about it.......

From the description of the ten minute job for a max of two guys?

Hit em with both barrels!

=== are those the PC equivalent of go F yourself — 

• Haha 3