Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 hours ago, babadono said:

Only woke up to this once in the 8 years I've been living here. Folks said it was a once in a lifetime event. Actually 27 years if you count our first home in the area.

Wow that is some beautiful country!

Hope it looks at least half that nice without the snow cover!

It's nasty here today thermometer says it's made it to 40 at 3:30 pm.

Had sleet again today, a lot more of it mixed with rain, got a great overcoat left to me from an uncle that went to Europe often in the 60s and 70s. It's a Grenfell, good stuff!!

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, babadono said:
2 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Oh, you'll see it again....only next time it will be volcanic ash....:emotion-14:

Can you give me the date?:)

Roughly right around when hell freezes over.

• Haha 2

• Moderators

65 here and rain, they say 32 by the end of the week for one night anyway.

Had some wood delivered today, the same guy as last year, VERY good price $150 for a cord of Oak delivered, in a couple of weeks he is bringing another cord but half of it will be Hickory for the smoker. :emotion-21:

image.jpeg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, dtel said:

65 here and rain, they say 32 by the end of the week for one night anyway.

Had some wood delivered today, the same guy as last year, VERY good price $150 for a cord of Oak delivered, in a couple of weeks he is bringing another cord but half of it will be Hickory for the smoker. :emotion-21:

image.jpeg

150 for a cord of oak is a great price these days.

• Like 2

Here is a local ad:

Fire wood for sale. I sell by the cords, half cords, pallets, and bags. I sell Post Oak and Misquite wood.

BUY ONE HALF CORD AND GET ONE BAG FOR FREE!!!

Here are prices for pick up.
Cord - $300.00
1/2 cord - $160.00
1/4 cord - $85.00
Pallet - $165.00
Bags - $10.00
4ft Stack- $25.00

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

So.....................around the same time as the last Eagles tour 😀

Yes but it will be cheaper to see

1 minute ago, jimjimbo said:

150 for a cord of oak is a great price these days.

YES it is, most people want $200- $225 and you have to hope they even know what a cord is, many don't or just trying to cheat.

Very happy to get it, we had about 1/4 of a cord stacked somewhere else to start with. We use less than a cord for a normal winter here, but like to have plenty extra if it's a cold winter, it's .our only heat. So $150 for heat all winter is much cheaper than if we used electric or gas, it easily heats this house which is about 2300 sf.   

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dtel said:

I got a great price at those prices, I could load up a big trailer and sell it there without ever finding or splitting one piece. :o

except that a fireplace here is used for looks not heat and I haven't seen a wood stove since I left north Tx 19 years ago. Wife and female child would love a fire since it's in the 50's today but the Cornwalls and equipment rack would have to be moved.

https://corpuschristi.craigslist.org/search/grd?query=firewood&sort=date

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, USNRET said:

except that a fireplace here is used for looks not heat and I haven't seen a wood stove since I left north Tx 19 years ago. Wife and female child would love a fire since it's in the 50's today but the Cornwalls and equipment rack would have to be moved.

https://corpuschristi.craigslist.org/search/grd?query=firewood&sort=date

Get a fire pit for outside.  We cranked ours up last weekend. 

There's 3 pallet companies here locally.  You can bring a pick up there and load the bed with oak pallet ends for 25 or 30 dollars.  There's normally enough that my son and I will split a load.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

There's 3 pallet companies here locally.  You can bring a pick up there and load the bed with oak pallet ends for 25 or 30 dollars.  There's normally enough that my son and I will split a load.

Those are expensive here probably would last two years due to corrosion.

We haul off 30-50 pallets a week from work so there is a supply.

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

Pallets are usually Oak, very tough Oak, don't know what kind but it's tough.

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, babadono said:

anOnly woke up to this once in the 8 years I've been living here.

Is that the back of your house ?            We have seen the front driveway you were working on, if that's the back it's a million $ + view that probably cost much more than the price of the view. The top of a mountain doesn't come cheap, especially in California.

• Like 2