Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

A couple weeks ago, met a couple from Fresno who were on first ever trip to Canada.  Met them at Peyto Lake, near Lake Louise.  They were then going to Lake Louise for first time for a couple of days.   Peyto Lake is very picturesque although it was very icy that day on the short walk to reach it.  Lake Louise likely made them pass out if they had not seen pictures.  I suggested a hike to the "upper" tea house ... if they could.  Not sure the lake would be frozen enough to walk across but that is a real experience in the winter and looking back at the chateau from the far end of the lake.  So, y'all come up and see the mountains and lakes and bring those green backs with you to spend at 30% premium!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

Don't encourage them.  Northerners won't assimilate.

Damn Yankees!

I'm originally form Michigan. I had a couple real good friends back in my young adulthood after I had moved to Ca. We worked together at Hughes Aircraft. One was from Texas the other from the Florida panhandle. We used to go camping together up in the Sierras. When it was my turn to cook and I'd grill up some chicken or ribs they would goof on me and say "Pretty good...for a Yankee"

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Tarheel said:

I love to hear them say (this is how we do it up north).

Yep, and I'd say do what you want at your house but don't do that here at my friend's.

Along with slow down, don't talk so fast:biggrin2:

It takes a couple of years for them to realize the effect the humidity has on everything, or the red clay, or thinking they can drive in the snow down here..........

If they rode a bike I always told them to watch out for pine needles in the road.

The problems will become evident after a while or one drive in the snow with a dumb dumb driving like it is a dry road coming from the other way!

• Like 2

I actually knew a couple, company moved him and wife from Florida to the Bahamas... they stayed about 15 yrs until retiring back to northern Wisconsin where they had a house. My parents retired close to them as well (from central Illinois). They loved the snow... I wa shappy to get away from the -40 winters...

• Like 1

The snow is fun, have any of you'all southerners ever rode a snowmobile? I know I complain about the cold, but I like the snow. It seems to hide a lot of ugliness, everything looks clean and fresh. I wish we would have the snow without all the cold. I hope to have a couple retirement homes some day....one in Wisconsin (snowmobile capital of the world) and one around San Antonio Texas (wife is from Texas, my daughter is in school there)

Boats and Jet Skis are fun

Dirtbikes and quads are exhilerating

Racing Karts are extreme fun

Racing a motorcycle is a blast

But NOTHING is as much fun as riding a snowmobile 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JBCODD said:

When I retire I will be going from Phoenix, Az. To Colorado Springs, Co. 

CS is beautiful and their winters aren't too harsh. The snow doesn't last long and the high altitude sun is plentiful.

• Like 4