Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

p

4 minutes ago, dtel said:

They had a little better food but nothing to get excited about, now fried mushrooms would have been my choice and horseradish sauce can go with almost anything. 

That what scares me, a little snow on occasion if good, your amount of snow is not........for a Southern anyway. 

tomorrow another 4-8

• Sad 2

On 11/14/2018 at 9:29 AM, CECAA850 said:

It works.  I couldn't wait to get away from the snow as I grew up in it.  After moving south I couldn't imagine why people elect to stay in the north.

POLICE ARREST GLOVERSVILLE MAYOR FOR A SECOND TIME 

Dayton+King.jpg Dayton King (photo: NYSP)

The Times Union of Albany reports state police arrested Gloversville Mayor Dayton King for misusing city hall postage.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

winter is just beginning

IMG_20181114_064547.jpg

Screenshot_2018-11-15-15-55-48.png

Winter Storm Warning for all of Central NY from 5PM Thursday until 10AM Friday*

Snow is expected to break out across the region from south to north this evening.  Snow becomes steady and moderate after 8pm, with the heaviest snow expected after midnight.  During the peak of the storm, snowfall rates are expected to climb to 1-2" per hour.  The storm winds down by tomorrow morning with 8-10" of accumulation

sounds like fun tomorrow morning...
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

6 hours ago, dirtmudd said:
Winter Storm Warning for all of Central NY from 5PM Thursday until 10AM Friday*

Snow is expected to break out across the region from south to north this evening.  Snow becomes steady and moderate after 8pm, with the heaviest snow expected after midnight.  During the peak of the storm, snowfall rates are expected to climb to 1-2" per hour.  The storm winds down by tomorrow morning with 8-10" of accumulation

sounds like fun tomorrow morning...

Yea it took me 4.5 hours to get home last night. 32 mile drive.

Then back to work today. :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, KROCK said:

Yea it took me 4.5 hours to get home last night. 32 mile drive.

Then back to work today. :(

I saw the news earlier and it is really a bad situation. Ice is almost impossible to drive in, and remove from the streets. I hope your drive into work today is much easier.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I used to do that too often... Take 4hr to get 35 miles. Flooded washes.. Summer is touch and go as far as getting in/out of here.

I kept a change of clothes and non-perishable food in the car.  One of the reasons I  live here. You have to want to come ... you won't find it by accident.

Would it be considered a "spirited listening session" with this HK/630 at half volume, running the Scalas? I'm listening to NantucketSleighride and it says to turn it up LOUD.  Is 5 loud enough? It sounds petty good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Made the trip to Safeway w/o following any ladies home... drat...

I'll be doing the cooking for Thanksgiving.  Grabbed an 18lb bird. Should fill my roasting pan pretty full up.  They had Macintosh apples...  We gonna have an apple pie. Candied yams, mashed whites, green beans, the bird and stuffing ... the stuffing is ... well, let me put it this way... A turkey is a very good vessel to cook stuffing in. And pies, of course. 

Cleaned the oven today. Have it burning out the smell now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

No dude, a thousand times no.  Cook it separately.  Unless of course you have an ulterior motive in mind...in which case I will delete this reply and you can pretend you never read it.

Agree.  A turkey is a very POOR vessel to cook stuffing in.  Why complicate the issue?

Slice an apple, throw a couple of sprigs of thyme in there with some salt and pepper.  Truss the legs with some gold plated speaker wire, and you're good to go.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Agree.  A turkey is a very POOR vessel to cook stuffing in.  Why complicate the issue?

Slice an apple, throw a couple of sprigs of thyme in there with some salt and pepper.  Truss the legs with some gold plated speaker wire, and you're good to go.

=== nice. Make that bird sing —

• Haha 1