Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Cherry Smoked Bacon is the best new to me thing I've tried in the past couple of years.

Hickory Smoked my whole life and had the Applewood smoked several times, but that cherry..... man we had breakfast for dinner every other night when we opened the first package we tried!!

Try that with some pork @dtel and yes it sweetens it a little.

I don't mind cleaning the iron skillet after this stuff!

It's been a very long time since I tried smoking with Cherry, will do the next Pork Loin with the Cherry to try it out. Thanks

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, dtel said:

Well, the wood guy called this morning to see if he could come by around 1.

He brought another cord with 75% being Oak and the rest Hickory for smoking, he threw in some Cherry branches for me to try on the smoker. :emotion-21:

After I use up the pile from last year that's not in the picture I plan to move the Hickory to keep it separate just for the smoker.

Were set for wood until next year, really nice guy and a great price, total $300 for all this wood delivered and stacked plus a $20 tip.

I did help stack 

image.jpeg

Will he deliver to N.Y.????

• Haha 3

… i'd like to share my experience with a recent purchase of a store brand of coffee from an ice cream shop... don't do it... I still wonder why I did it... there are few word's to describe smokey kindlin' or tent pole shavings... wait a minute... why am I thinking about wood after drinking my new coffee stuff, dang, this is going to be around for about 6 weeks now, doggonnit'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, windashine said:

… i'd like to share my experience with a recent purchase of a store brand of coffee from an ice cream shop... don't do it... I still wonder why I did it... there are few word's to describe smokey kindlin' or tent pole shavings... wait a minute... why am I thinking about wood after drinking my new coffee stuff, dang, this is going to be around for about 6 weeks now, doggonnit'.

you did not learn the first time..

with mccrapfee ....

Pin image

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

. o O (somedays, you gotta learn the hard way) … I swear I'll buy a good bag of coffee soon - somehow, I think I've seen the writin' on the wall twice, but I'm most appreciative for not seeing a sign about pushing bean's (yet)… but mixing cocktails is getting pretty close, and dang, I've got a 100' roll of 16 awg gauge speaker wire from Fry's that I've only used about 12 feet of so far... that's where I wish Mark Twain would step in, again lol...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, windashine said:

. o O (somedays, you gotta learn the hard way) … I swear I'll buy a good bag of coffee soon - somehow, I think I've seen the writin' on the wall twice, but I'm most appreciative for not seeing a sign about pushing bean's (yet)… but mixing cocktails is getting pretty close, and dang, I've got a 100' roll of 16 awg gauge speaker wire from Fry's that I've only used about 12 feet of so far... that's where I wish Mark Twain would step in, again lol...

• Like 4

Stones Tour tickets on sale Nov.30th @ 10AM EST.  Here are the stops if anyone is interested.

APRIL 2019

20 – Hard Rock Stadium MIAMI, FL

24 – TIAA Bank Field JACKSONVILLE, FL

28 – NRG Stadium HOUSTON, TX

MAY 2019

07 – State Farm Stadium GLENDALE, AZ

11 – The Rose Bowl PASADENA, CA

18 – Levi’s Stadium SANTA CLARA, CA

22 – CenturyLink Field SEATTLE, WA

26 – Broncos Stadium At Mile High DENVER, CO

31 – FedExField WASHINGTON, DC

JUNE 2019

04 – Lincoln Financial Field PHILADELPHIA, PA

08 – Gillette Stadium FOXBORO, MA

13 – MetLife Stadium EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ

21 – Soldier Field CHICAGO, IL

Now back to your regular pro-gramming!    :)

• Like 4