Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Pie shell isn't big enough.

I had an overflow I cooked, didn't cover the edges so busted them off, but it sure does go good with the breakfast.

IMG-20181121-082954.jpg

**breakfast = good coffee

good coffee = good food

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

A big part of the holiday feasts that our once large family had was the finger food that everybody munched on during the game. Never made the cheese ball, chex-mix ingredients have all changed, can't even find Cheese Tid-Bits since the 80s! Helluva Good Bacon Horseradish dip made me start getting the potato chips out again. This is up next, took a coffee break after doing the pie at 6 freakin am already

For all of you carnivores that don't already know about this.

I won't survive this time of year without a couple batches, and yea it called for mild sausage for the young-ins Neeses Hot is what I use when the kids aren't here.

IMG-20181121-091608.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

We tried a very similar recipe, the only difference was when about done you brushed it with melted butter with a little Old Bay seasoning mixed in it. It was a recipe from some chain seafood restaurant?

They were good

• Like 1

• Moderators

0 Calories, 100% good for you, better than vegetables.  🐷

Started cooking a couple of things we're bringing to my sisters tomorrow. Baked macaroni and cheese (not like the box stuff),  artichoke casserole and sweet potato pie, we're getting off easy. 

9 hours ago, JohnJ said:

A big part of the holiday feasts that our once large family had was the finger food that everybody munched on during the game. Never made the cheese ball, chex-mix ingredients have all changed, can't even find Cheese Tid-Bits since the 80s! Helluva Good Bacon Horseradish dip made me start getting the potato chips out again. This is up next, took a coffee break after doing the pie at 6 freakin am already

For all of you carnivores that don't already know about this.

I won't survive this time of year without a couple batches, and yea it called for mild sausage for the young-ins Neeses Hot is what I use when the kids aren't here.

IMG-20181121-091608.jpg

Who cares about cheese balls...

What's the shrimp recipe ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/21/2018 at 6:44 PM, dirtmudd said:

Who cares about cheese balls...

What's the shrimp recipe ?

Dude, grandma's sausage/cheese balls are excellent and easy to modify with other cheeses or even (gasp, 🤢huurrrl!) chicken, turkey, cod sausage whatever those anti American foodies eat!

Shrimp Creole !

very simple but very tasty and light

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dtel said:

0 Calories, 100% good for you, better than vegetables.  🐷

Started cooking a couple of things we're bringing to my sisters tomorrow. Baked macaroni and cheese (not like the box stuff),  artichoke casserole and sweet potato pie, we're getting off easy. 

Sweet potato pie.....maybe the best food ever invented 😀

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Happy Thanksgiving. JFK day too. They don't line up all that often. I can't remember last, but don't pay that close attention. I've got a friend with a birthday. He said growing up it was always turkey or JFK talk never his birthday.

480358125_Screenshot_20181122-0711483.thumb.png.90305ce7685904d30dcab68f28669bf4.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 1