Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Was there any insulation in the ceiling or walls? Or did you clean it all up completely? There doesn't look to be any sign of insulation in the ceiling. 

Will you keep the AC on all the time or just when you're out there?

It's going to make a nice work shop.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Was there any insulation in the ceiling or walls? Or did you clean it all up completely? There doesn't look to be any sign of insulation in the ceiling. 

He's fixing it up for me to come visit for a spell.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

No insulation anywhere previously. 

I'll probably keep it at 80 or 85 in the summer.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

The underside of the roof will have 5 1/2" of spray foam and 5" on 2 of the walls.  The rest will be 3 1/2". It shouldn't take much to heat or cool it...….

...i'm sure somebody that sprays foam for a living is going to do that... but won't it expand.... or stick on the faces of the stud's.... and seal every wire and cable for eternity (unless you have conduit).... sorry for the pessimist (sp) comments, I just enjoy seeing home improvements happening but cringe thinking you'll have a even thickness, and have to scrap it down, when 6" bats of fiberglass insulation would work like 1..2..3.. pour a drink.... 4..5..6.. pour another, repeat... 🤪

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, windashine said:

...i'm sure somebody that sprays foam for a living is going to do that... but won't it expand.... or stick on the faces of the stud's.... and seal every wire and cable for eternity (unless you have conduit).... sorry for the pessimist (sp) comments, I just enjoy seeing home improvements happening but cringe thinking you'll have a even thickness, and have to scrap it down, when 6" bats of fiberglass insulation would work like 1..2..3.. pour a drink.... 4..5..6.. pour another, repeat... 🤪

Son in law works for a spray foam company.  Basically they spray it flush or beyond and trim it flush to the face of the studs with long saw blades.  You want it to seal everything.  Basically it will be like a big cooler.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Basically it will be like a big cooler.

Your garage looks a lot better as it is than mine lol... but it's close, 40 yr's old,  20x20 detached flat top garage (with a 1 inch slope to the alley) on 24 inch centers... with that T1-11 5/8" plywood siding, roll tar roof... if I ever come over, I'll first check to see that you leveled your shelves lol....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, windashine said:

Your garage looks a lot better as it is than mine lol... but it's close, 40 yr's old,  20x20 detached flat top garage (with a 1 inch slope to the alley) on 24 inch centers... with that T1-11 5/8" plywood siding, roll tar roof... if I ever come over, I'll first check to see that you leveled your shelves lol....

I've got to build them first.  They're already drawn out with first consideration given to the speakers.  Shelves will be built around them.

My garage was built in 75.  It was time for a gutting. 

• Like 2

lol... I reckon I missed it,,,, when I did my bathroom remodel, even though it was suppose to save some money, I ended up storing 300 extra pvc and copper fittings in several totes, along with a barrage of ceramic tile supplies... which went into the garage, and cause cussword thoughts to surface... however, the praise is remedied when I pass my kitchen... because the wife left after the kitchen remodel ran over into Thanksgiving and Christmas one year lol...

• Like 1

On 11/29/2018 at 1:38 PM, dtel said:

Nothing to do with WillyBob but "got beef"?

Think we're going to need a bigger freezer.

N22JTRWL3FEKHADWM43SWW6WB4.JPG

As of dinner tonight, I'm working on it. Gift of steak spice from number 1 daughter arrived just in time. The Alberta Beef I picked out myself.

Wb

Melissa Steak Spice.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

… have you remodeled your fireplace yet lol.... mine started with an idea... then a new mantel, then figured a good spot for the tv.... then I wanted to add speaker wires lol.... ended up pulling the chimney pipe out, and settling for an electric LED thing... thank heavens I have the phone number of a sheetrock company.... when I call them, I usually start off with, what'd it cost to come over and fix a wall... I figure it's just an hour or so I tell them...

fireplace remodel.jpg

• Like 1

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Finished shower 

That did come out very nice.

Now that you two had a chance to use it how do you like it, it is a big change, the hangers on the outside are very convenient.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dtel said:

That did come out very nice.

Now that you two had a chance to use it how do you like it, it is a big change, the hangers on the outside are very convenient.

Love it.  I'm glad we put the door on it though. Originally I didn't want it but it was pretty cold in there without the door to hold the steam in.

• Like 3

… plans for my 2nd bathroom generally follow that design, to remove the tub and replace it with a travertine shower.... heck...., wall, counter and floor too lol and since the fireplace cavity is hollow on the other side of the wall... mr crowbar and Dr dewalt have this idea where about 8 more inches of elbow room can come from... I still have the jack hammer from 3 year's ago.... that had to take care of that pesky drain thing somebody decided to bury in a foot of concrete last time....

let's see.... ahhhh no mention of cable's or coffee yet.... wait !!! ….. I have a tote of electrical wall boxes.... dang, now I have to rewire the 2nd bathroom for speakers....

• Like 3

15 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Grew up playing on sleds, tobbogans and saucers.  

me too

I got a Snurfer for Christmas one year. It is the predecessor to the snowboard... no bindings. In hindsight, I think my grandmother was trying to  kill me...

We graduated to car hoods. You can seat 6. Take out sapling trees. We used to slide down the soap box derby ramp on our shoes, when it iced over. Got a nice scar on my chin to show for that fun.  ... and the poor bugger with the fake leather jacket. He would get used for a sled, too. Boys!?!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2