Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Don't have to imagine, lived in Singapore for 3 years, 137 km from the equator.  You want hot?  You want brutal sun?  That be the place.

=== thanks for the geography lesson. Never really researched and had no idea Singapore was so close to the equator —.

And can you add exceptionally humid -?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, richieb said:

And can you add exceptionally humid -?

Well..yea...And then on the occasional weekend go to Bangkok, where the heat and humidity blend oh so well with the small cycle exhaust from the hundreds of motorcycles that prowl the city....But then once a year the Thai have a so called water festival that I think is a rather whacky festive way of beating the heat for a few days.  Doesn't work of course, but you do get to meet some interesting people.

Did an exploratory 6 day trip to Sing before making the long term commitment , and after the first 3 days I was questioning my sanity.

• Haha 3

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 4:38 PM, CECAA850 said:

Son in law works for a spray foam company.  Basically they spray it flush or beyond and trim it flush to the face of the studs with long saw blades.  You want it to seal everything.  Basically it will be like a big cooler.

Spray foam insulation is da bomb! Did the underside of the roof and all inside walls in my house. Outside walls are ICF so they already have 5 inches of foam. My attic stays within 15 to 20 degrees of the inside temp of the house. They did not bother trimming any overspray on the underside of the roof but in the walls yes they trimmed it flush with the studs with a big sword like hand held saw. They left it behind when they were finished, its still out in the garage. The foam is so effective because it seals all leaks. Standard insulation sags and gaps and does not provide a true seal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Don't forget the 17 name title of the cup of coffee.

=== ‘Bucks back when hustling through airports and then on the company dime, or fiver. Looked at the damn chalkboard menu, thought my flight had been routed through China. No idea what they were offering so of course ordered my normal coffee, black. “What would you like in it sir”? Ah, black. Seemed every barista looked up like I had just dropped in from Mars. Snooty bastards —

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Don't bother @dtel go to any Whole Foods or a regular priced store that has coffee in bins. Get some of that, brew, take a gulp, spit it out....... go to harbucks buy a cup, take a sip....repeat.

It's all had a similar musty dirt taste in my opinion, in the 90s they had great beans, but no more! Simple Colombian for me when I can find the "real mccoy"

http://southpark.cc.com/clips/151003/tweek-bros

• Moderators

I have a coffee I really like, although most wouldn't care for it. It's a New Orleans dark blend but has chicory, which turns some people of, for me It's an old habit, what can I say.

Our daughter had some packs of instant coffee, it was that or nothing so I tried it and was surprised how good it was. I hate to say it but it was Starbucks in little one cup packs you add to hot water. 100 packs for $50 so not Starbucks normal price, not sure what type she had but they looked similar to this. It was good :blush:

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 3