Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

…. looks very similar to the fertilizer I use for house plant's lol...

one little 12 gram packet mixes in a 2 gallon bottle.

Miracle Grow singles.JPG

oh !!! Bonus 2 for 1 picture... there's my speaker wire roll on the counter... been looking for that lol.... it's difficult to find a good photo backdrop in my townhouse 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

… I have a slight suspicion, that if I find a couple of nail's, I can finally get that pesky base molding nailed in place... I edited out the table saw, wet/dry vac, ladder and jack hammer, diffusion panel and speaker wall jack box with labels attached.... it's funny how one can grow accustomed to familiar objects in the den, but something tells me that my tropical plant doesn't look as good as the day I bought it...

DSC01919.JPG

• Sad 2

Nice. That French Roast was one of the ones I used to buy from them, it was a little more smooth than the Ital roast. We've been drinking a med-dark roast lately that I'm liking a lot, especially when it's nippy out in the mornings.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Do yourself a favor and buy a finish nailer.  You'll wonder why you waited so long.

I agree… used to have a pneumatic dewalt for 2" angle nail's with a pancake comp,... but it disappeared... lol, I verified by ripping apart the entire house looking for it...

I want another nailer - I still have a pile of about 20  base boards waiting for their destiny.... if there's anything I've read in the past about what works best, I need to revisit.

• Like 2

… o O ( thoughts on ripping apart the entire house looking for it ) vs. disappearing or loosing...

look in the attic... nope, nothing up there anymore (I hope) since I got an extra 8" of blown in insulation...

look in the front hall coat closet.... nope … I ripped the shelves outta there a while back, nothing but the weird jackets in there, like a hoodie from the dirt track one night when the temperature went down to about 50 degree's and there's a bag of ice melt that I've never had to use, and the American flag on a pole waiting for the next holiday...

look under the oven in that drawer they put there.... nope …. not sure why that drawer exists, but wanted to make sure it's still empty...

empty the garage out... found the box of 2" nail's... sold them on Craigslist several months ago lol - but no nailer …. nope.... but working on a cabinet invention now, with all the wood that used to be under my shop bench.... thinking that my invention has already run into the cost-overrun territory....

…. would try my trick for finding dropped bolts under the hood of my truck, with a spare nickel... but figure I'd be about 15 cents short of finding my nailer in the back walk in closet lol....

… o O ( even looked in the laundry room ) nope... not there.... but I need to put the bi-fold doors up maybe.... nothing in there but 2 custom built shelves and a coat hanger pole... one day, I hope to get rid of the weird can's of shoe polish that I saved for some reason, like nothing works better on boots than a wire brush and some 409 lol...

Custom = 1x12 white pine with a half round trim edge, and caulk supported by 1x4's nailed into the studs, to cover the nail hole's made by trying to find the stud's....

Cables, Coffee, Cocktails and Construction Comments lol

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

I learned my lesson long ago w/ppl "borrowing" an LP to make a cassette..  Post it notes work great!  Course that doesn't help get the LP back!  Tools are a bit different though!   lolol

I learned my lesson also years ago about loaning out an album, cassette, or cd. After being burned once or twice, I told whoever wanted to borrow that music I would make them a copy, being a cassette or cd. I will make you a copy of anything I have, but I won't loan you a thing.

I'm not into loaning out tools either, but I will to anyone in my family or close friends. Sometimes if someone needs a special tool for a specific job, I'll go with the tool to make sure they don't abuse the tool, like a gas powered concrete cutoff saw.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, windashine said:

… o O (Thank you for the idea about an addition to my Christmas List lol)

Yep.....I've been eying a new Stihl TS500, fuel injected cutoff saw. But my 12 year old TS420 just won't die. I think Stihl makes the best equipment around.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
7 hours ago, windashine said:

but something tells me that my tropical plant doesn't look as good as the day I bought it...

It looks less tropical and more like it was moved to the desert.

8 hours ago, windashine said:

…. looks very similar to the fertilizer I use for house plant's lol...

It does, and the coffee gives me the same feeling that the fertilizer gives the plant. 

6 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Do yourself a favor and buy a finish nailer.  You'll wonder why you waited so long.

Very true, I wore out my first one and got another which also does up to 2" nails.

5 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Anyone borrow it?  Sometimes I lend things than forget that I actually let someone use it.

That's exactly what happens to me, and when I need it again I can not remember who has it or if I just hid it on myself. 

5 minutes ago, babadono said:

Then when(if) they bring it back it's like Christmas:) Of course if it still works.

I stopped loaning things out, it's cheaper to just go help someone and bring my tools back, with my memory anyway. 

34 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:
3 hours ago, windashine said:

… o O (Thank you for the idea about an addition to my Christmas List lol)

Yep.....I've been eying a new Stihl TS500, fuel injected cutoff saw. But my 12 year old TS420 just won't die. I think Stihl makes the best equipment around.

Your in that business, I do not want to ever have to cut that much to need one of them, rented one many years ago that was close enough, now tile saws are fun.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

You gents be careful agreeing to free trials that just want you to cover shipping.  By doing so you are agreeing to auto ship.  My credit card had two charges for $80.41 which I had to deal with.  This is very close to being a scam.  If I need something for my old joints in the future I'll buy locally.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

This is very close to being a scam.

If you call the company and protest the charge they'll tell you exactly where in the ad that you agreed to auto ship and auto pay.  It's not a scam but it's not very upfront as it's normally in small print where you don't see it but it's definitely there.

Remember, if it seems too good to be true, it is.

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, babadono said:
3 hours ago, dtel said:

I stopped loaning things out, it's cheaper to just go help someone and bring my tools back, with my memory anyway. 

And downright neighborly as well:emotion-21:

I guess it is but with a sneaky intent.

Last time a neighbor wanted to borrow something it was a gas 2" water pump to empty his pool. I went and pumped it out for him, the main thought was I was not sure he was smart enough to add water to the pool much less to not run my pump dry, it was just easier than replacing the pump parts after he burned it up. :lol:  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

If you call the company and protest the charge they'll tell you exactly where in the ad that you agreed to auto ship and auto pay.  It's not a scam but it's not very upfront as it's normally in small print where you don't see it but it's definitely there.

Remember, if it seems too good to be true, it is.

=== not always. After hearing so much buildup about your slushies I had my doubts. They are good - it’s true -

• Haha 1