Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 hours ago, dtel said:

Looks like everyone's coffee maker broke this morning. 

No Sir.

If mine had, I might have been here griping about it for a few then breaking out the manual method equipment again.

No way I would have done as much as I have today without my two 14oz mugs of my current and probably last addiction!<_<

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Afternoon gents and ladies

getting over a snot monter in my chest. Puttering around today. Laundry - puttering.  Listening to some music... Decided to look at the caller ID... see what calls I missed while listening to music...  A call from Raytheon. This isn't the first one. Gonna call them back. If they have a job offer, I might consider it. Seriously, I have no idea why the call. Other than my ideas do not suffer from "conventional wisdom"...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

And if that was the only thing available I should abstain and not listen to the Sansui system I was rocking to since it wasn’t Klipsch?
Actually, I remember that day quite vividly. We returned with an engine out, the prevailing winds were so strong that the tower was abandoned and all Air Force traffic was re-routed to Spain. Since we had remained on station awaiting relief we didn't have the fuel to bingo so Lajes was our only choice. After a uneventful 3 engine landing and having the next day off we proceeded to have a drunk-ex. It seems that the music got a little loud so the Air Force sent a single AP to tell us that we were disturbing folks in the middle of the day. One of my acoustic operators chased that guy away with a cue stick and we partied on. Just another reason I retired as a Chief.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

my friends kid just turned 21 . on monday...

he is a special needs child...

and a excellent person....

i got him this !

imageService?profileId=52000717&imageID=157279&recipeName=Initial350
  •  " loves it. He said Mike gives the best gifts I can tell you that. He said Mike really doesn't have to do that, he's crazy. We were gonna call you but wanted to be able to talk and things have been crazy. Santino had basketball practice 5 till 8pm every night so far this week and we never did anything because to busy Freddy didn't even get his hair cut like he was supposed to because we are swamped. Maybe we will get out this weekend. Freddy had an Odouls NA that he split with my DAD for his 21st. He has been saying we gotta call Mike or I gotta send a card or something. I wanted to call you from Monday but don't want to call to late. Anyway You are crazy and that's not necessary to much Money. Freddy said now tell Mike he can go outside and I'll be over his house watching him. Freddy's Initials are FAA and the box said in big letters FAA approved. So we were laughing. Hopefully we will see you soon. Freddy say's thanks again and he appreciates it. Now it can say approved and flown by FAA. "

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Day 3...  Oldest daughter knew I hated the gurgling, popping and hissing noise from my Mr. Coffee.  She is a stay at home mom of 2 and is one fantastic coupon/glitch shopper.  Last summer she rolled in w/a new Weber grill that sold for $499.95 @ Home Depot and said Happy Birthday Dad!  Then she and my two grands put it together for me.  I was like are you insane that's a $500 grill and she says yea I know.  "I was looking at them on line and found a glitch.  Only cost me $49.95 and here's your receipt.  Some people screw up and you know me.  I find it, I take advantage of it.  On line purchase for pickup at a local Home Depot and they HAVE to honor the price I paid for it cause it was THEIR mistake."

The other day she stopped w/a new coffee maker for me.  Did I ask?  Ummm, nope!  Thanked her and she was happy I was happy!

I guess pushing her down the aisles in a grocery cart when she was about 5 laffing at her trying to grab coupons on the fly from the lil obnoxious "red blinking light coupon dispensers" 20 years ago has paid off!

I'm down, even though I'll NEVER use the single brew dispenser!  😂!

cusinart.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
7 hours ago, windashine said:

do you need a Margarita and a hat

Is there ever a time that those wouldn't help, don't think so. 

15 hours ago, USNRET said:

Daughter digging out old pics.

Cool pictures, both of you

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Wolfbane said:

Did you catch the Russian sub or just hang around below it running S & D?

Unless they get away we would track 24/7 and then turn over to the folks deployed to Rota, Spain or Bermuda depending on where the sub was headed. This track was a month long and we would be airborne around 12 hours. There was always one on top, one going home and one coming out to relieve the crew on top. Land, de-brief and do it again 12 hours later.

A 12 hour mission would be an 18 hour day typically unless you had to fix something. Loved the flight surgeon...after a max number of flt hours you were required to see the Doc. 

Are you getting enough sleep? Blank stare returned.

Eating healthy? Yep, those TV dinners are wonderful.

Your BP is a little high. No sheet

Well you were healthy enough to walk up the stairs to my office so I am approving another 50 hours this month.

See you in a few days for a do over Doc.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1