Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

… approaching the edge of experimentation here this morning... I figured the bag of coffee from my local ice cream store had two scoop's in the bottom.... but I only got one out of there… so I opted to use my refrigerated folgers to complete the formula in the mr coffee plastic distillery contraption... mixing the two... then walking around the townhouse to turn out the lights that bring morning to life before the sun comes up... and then... I thought about a maid, and somehow that thought turned to speakers... and I wondered if the 20 yr warranty of Spaital M3's would cover the damage from DIY dust remover remedies on the back of the woofers... being that I've never purchased patio covers for my lawn chair's.... coffee is good...

• Haha 1

snow IS fun until you are subject to it for months on end. Being a kid and having a blizzard was fun. We had a park two or three blocks from the house... it had a soap box derby ramp. It was right on the edge of a floodplain... translate to, some steep side hills for the brave/older kids.

ya notice things like

people that come airborne on a saucer rarely land it...

down here... Snow?

We look out the window and wait for it to go away. Usually noon/ish. Everything gets a holiday. This county is bigger than a lot of states back east... we have one snowplow. And it's at Mt.Lemmon.  North of Tucson. If there were more, we still wouldn't get cleared. That's what we get for living here... same as being flooded in/out... just the way we like it

got my wheels under me again. sorta.  Need to pace myself. I do believe I may have contracted the flu.  And it set in my chest. On the mend... Just no gas.  Lasting longer before naptime.

Heat for the winter was delivered yesterday. The weather will fair up now. Be nice if it stayed a little wetter than we have seen the past few. Been very dry.  We're about due for a good spring bloom. It is quite a show

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

36 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

snow IS fun until you are subject to it for months on end.

got my wheels under me again. sorta.  Need to pace myself. I do believe I may have contracted the flu.  And it set in my chest. On the mend... Just no gas.  Lasting longer before naptime.

That first statement probably everyone would agree with. Being a Southerner I've never experienced that, a week in Boston in December `96 was like one of our colder weeks ever down here.

Get well soon dude, force the fluids (water, tea, juices) and your body will pi-- out the germs for ya.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Since I'm fast approaching 70

I think you are just ahead of me, as I will be there in June.

About the snow... I grew up in central Illinois, and while in grade school remember walking a couple of miles to a golf course to go sledding. The temps were usually about 5 degrees below the freezing mark, so you could stay out a long time. They had a really nice long slope for sledding. Man, was that ever fun.

Lived in Wisconsin for a few years and have got to the point I really dislike the snow. Then again, we were hitting 20-30 below in the winter.

Bruce

• Like 5

• Moderators
10 hours ago, windashine said:

.. then walking around the townhouse to turn out the lights that bring morning to life before the sun comes up...

There's the problem right there, no good reason to get up before sunrise except fishing or the new maid is knocking.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Marvel said:

I think you are just ahead of me, as I will be there in June.

About the snow... I grew up in central Illinois, and while in grade school remember walking a couple of miles to a golf course to go sledding. The temps were usually about 5 degrees below the freezing mark, so you could stay out a long time. They had a really nice long slope for sledding. Man, was that ever fun.

Lived in Wisconsin for a few years and have got to the point I really dislike the snow. Then again, we were hitting 20-30 below in the winter.

Bruce

Yep I have noticed we have several things in common.....some goes with the age.  So from one old codger to another.......Merry Christmas my friend!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
On 12/9/2018 at 3:07 PM, Tarheel said:

image.png.05a809e646f2215e6963e53ec016c035.png

That's exactly what my aunt who lived next door to us would give us if we even slightly looked sick. Or she would just put a sugar cube in a tablespoon with whiskey, don't know if it worked but didn't hurt. 

• Like 1

Just now, dtel said:

That's exactly what my aunt who lived next door to us would give us if we even slightly looked sick. Or she would just put a sugar cube in a tablespoon with whiskey, don't know if it worked but didn't hurt. 

Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down...yeah that's the classic old time recipe, except my grandmother diluted it with tea.